Would Watchtower Ever Risk Setting Another Date

by Number 6 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Earnest
    Earnest

Vindication, Book I, 1931, pp.338, 339 states:

There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918 and 1925 [and 1975], which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that these dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures; and they also learned to quit fixing dates for the future and predicting what would come to pass on a certain date, but to rely (and they do rely) upon the Word of God as to the events that must come to pass.

So, no more predicted dates. Just events.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They would need a scholarly type like Franz to get back into the date business. They do not have anyone like that now.

Franz could discuss dates, times, half times, weeks of years and various historical events, blend them together, and "prove" to you that your birth date hadn't happened yet.

And then you would nod your head in agreement.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The WT has already pinned it down to a date!

"the last days of the last days"

I mean how much more specific than that can you get!!!!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JWGoneBad - "...here's what he actually said, if you can believe it: 'The events unfolding around us are making clearer than ever that we're living in the final part of the last days... undoubtedly the final part of the final part of the last days... shortly before the last day of the last days'..."

LOL!...

..."The final second of the last minute of the eleventh hour of the culminating day of the closing week of the penultimate month..."

Like I said the other day, it's super-hard to not suspect that the rest of the GB must know he looks and sounds ridonculous, and they deliberately put him on as some sort of doofy-ass litmus test...

...the guy can't help but further alienate the "lukewarm" (albeit in the funniest way imaginable), and any remaining loyalists who can drink the Lett-flavored Kool-aid and seriously ask "please sir, can I have some more?" are in for life.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - "Actually, they did set another date for Armageddon... prior to the year 2000."

Damn, that's right.

I'd forgotten about that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is always going to be people who are susceptible to fear mongering bullshit, particularly if you present that information with the established belief in the bible, its the word of god almighty after all.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

shortly before the last day of the last days."

So we still have over a day left. This could go one for another 1,100 years. (2 Peter 3:8) . . .one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

How many overlapping generations will THAT be?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS religion has been built up upon systematically concurrent lies.

The WTS lured and coerced people to accept their lies but also spread these lies to the public via the literature the WTS published.

Some will open their eyes and see that, some will not out of fear, ignorance and indoctrinated brainwashing.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Crazy elder said to me once that the 1000 year reign of Christ had already begun. So I told him that Satan hadn't been abyssed yet. He made a sort of gulping noise - as they do when you point these things out to them.

At some point after this, for a totally unrelated reason he started phoning someone and talking dirty to them. Then he got taken off as an elder. But it was all hushed up as to why he was taken off - that's cause so many of his family were elders.

Later that same family took the lead in throwing me out for sticking to what the Bible said.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems already that god's chosen appointed ones the JWorg (GB) have been making an strenuous amount of set dates going back to the late 1800's. In reflection of that these men would be very cautious now to repeat or put forward any new dates.

They did not long ago with the overlapping generation dating.

If they know what they are doing still lures people to them in supportive numbers, why would they pushed to fix what they know still works ?

If the lies work then let the lies be in other words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit