Would Watchtower Ever Risk Setting Another Date

by Number 6 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...what gets me...is why did GB Lett stop there...why didn't he just keep on going with the 'Last Days' warble?

I mean it took him all of 20 seconds to say what he stated...why didn't he go on for another minute or so with the 'final part of the last days' mantra!🤣🤣🤣

• TD
    TD

I don't think so without a revised eschatology.

The 1975 date had a very different foundation than the 1925 date, for example

To set a new date based on the same framework trumpets the previous failure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For an organization that has been lying since the late 1800's, nothing would surprise me.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Actually they did set another date for Armageddon....prior to the year 2000.

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the “battle in the day of Jehovah” will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." Know Jehovah" Book chap. 12 p. 216 par. 9 “Until He Comes Who Has the Legal Right”

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is impossible to set a firm date, even a year, and expect the whole flock to plan accordingly. And I doubt we are getting paradise at all--instead, I see a world where we all have RFID chips and our freedom doesn't exist at all. We have a pandemic, real or fake (or a real pandemic about as bad as the flu, but exaggerated to create fear). We have World War III imminent, and could start at any time without warning. We have this Floyd thing that will, again without warning, spell the end of white rights (as the bible bashes the "Amalek", which is actually the white race). (And, if anyone believes blacks will be better off, they are also cursed in that bible--the Cushites are also cursed.)

Not to mention, police being defunded in most major cities in America. Without police, you are going to see the mob taking everything--worse than what we have today. Even driving will be way more dangerous--instead of getting a speeding ticket, you worry about being rammed by a drink driver or someone running a red light, or having your car taken forcibly by armed bandits that you cannot legally defend yourself against.

And, joke-hova is laughing at us. That thing will not rescue us. Paradise is not coming, but global slavery under the worst possible tyranny. Races will be abolished as we all become greys. We will no longer have freedom to think. Political correctness will be the law, expanded into every possible aspect--such as science. No one will know where they came from, no one will know where they are going, no culture will survive. Eventually, the reptilians will claim this planet--and things for us will be totally unlivable.

For this, one cannot prepare. No religious doctrine is going to save anyone from this. Absolute obedience to Noahide Law will be required at all times--being devout in any religion will not throttle this, and being in compliance with Noahide Law ahead of it only extends the misery. Yes, you can stock up on food for the coronavirus or the work halts it, or the riots and police defunding, lead to. Yes, you can stock up on silver and gold against hyperinflation. Yes, you can prepare leisure activities against work stoppage. You can, in rural areas, prepare with guns (if they are still legal) and learning to garden and farm, so you can defend yourself or at least hunt and farm. But, you cannot prepare for the extermination of the whole earth.

When? We aren't even privileged with that information. When they succeed in getting us all microchipped and enforcing it, it will happen then. And, any attempt to guess is only a guess, not something to stake your salvation (which this will not result in) on.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

We are always living in the last days of something, in this case western civilisation. So they can always spin a story o how bad things are turning. But internet is greatly against them

• waton
    waton
    Actually they did set another date for Armageddon....prior to the year 2000 Vdh:

Frederick Franz died in 1992. Davis splane used him and older 'anointed' than him as an example of the "this [1914] generation" groups that overlap.

In doing so he set another date: 2075. No risk in that.

• alanv
    alanv

I would say it depends how desperate they are. If they find they are declining in the vast majority of lands worldwide, I believe they could certainly indicate a certain time period. They would be very careful what they wrote this time though, so that when nothing happens they could say we never said the end would occurr at such and such a time.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

They are declining in so far as anyone with half a brain is fading away or has left. But the ones who were called on but never really 'made the truth their own' are responding a little.

My take on this is that Lockdown has made some lonely and afraid. Also if your business depends on networking a church group can be a useful source of customers.

Informally they are saying that Armageddon will come before the end of the year. So no change there - it's still just around the corner, sometimes during or after a boring meeting.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Say ... when is the next "Jubilee Year" due to be upon us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit