"The Branch did not approve of us to get a video security system"

by James Jack 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

This was the reply I was given by our coordinator at our recent Kingdom Hall Security meeting.

He explained that they aren't allowed to buy any appliances or do any changes to the Kingdom Hall without Branch Approval. "We put in our Letter that a video security system could be purchased for around $600 locally and an App could be downloaded for the Attendants to monitor the cameras what's going onoutside." They said;" such a system would not be needed in our area of the Country, if standard protocols of Security are followed as outline by the Branch." He went on to say that the Branch reminded them that at anytime that they have an access of funds on hand, that these funds should be forwarded to the Branch.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT is watching every penny going out the door. Gotta plan to have enough for all the pending and future child abuse lawsuit settlements.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Whoa....any chance to remind the flock they need fleecing!!

Also, we can't have MS sitting down and glancing at an app OR coming up with bright ideas before us!

Interesting Kim mentioned in her state the Catholic diocese has declared bankruptcy due to child abuse court costs. I wonder if there is any chance Watchtower could do the same? They are probably too proud to declare themselves bankrupt, though.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The brothers who want it should offer the funds on a "conditional" basis. Donated FOR a security system. OR, return the donation and we will BUY BEER.

• James Jack
    James Jack

What is crazy is that 3 Congregations would split the expenses, using the monies that we already have on hand, not relying on the Branch to provide these funds.

• stillin
    stillin

It would be too bad if a security system just materialized at the KH. A gift from Jehovah.

• waton
    waton

You can not just pot screw holes, peep holes into some one else's property. Yes, you build it yourself, from funds gleaned locally, but now it is theirs. you are screwed, without a peep.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It reminds me of the little bratty kid who says..."MINE."

WT is the little bratty kid and even the rank and file are seeing it! lol

• LV101
    LV101

WT demands obedience! I'll believe rank and file wake up when they stop being fleeced.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Micromanagement of relativity tiny purchases for reasonable security purposes betrays a whole host of ills on the part of the branch leadership.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit