"The Branch did not approve of us to get a video security system"

by James Jack 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Morph, it's true that they have volume discounts, but if locals find the same product at a lower price, they still have to purchase through the LDC. No exceptions. Why might that be? Simply so that some other project can get a mediocre price with the "volume discount?"

I think it is similar to the hotel rooms for assemblies. There's a sweet deal in there somewhere. Why not let locals shop for deals, then inform the LDC as to what they've found?

It's power trip.

• LV101
    LV101

WT scams people anyway possible - nothing legitimate or worth selling so have to be con artists.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wonder if they’ll get a reminder letter soon, “we noticed in a previous contact that you had 600 hundred dollars for a product we refused yet we have yet to see the 600 dollars, please send ASAP “ ps this is not a request!”

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

It sounds like your kingdom hall doesn't have a future with the WT. If they refuse to give it a technological upgrade then I see a time when the property will be sold. Maybe if you had 4 congregation attending that kingdom hall then I could see the LDC wanting to install a security system. If you only have 1 or 2 congregations there, then beware of a future sale.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    He went on to say that the Branch reminded them that at anytime that they have an access of funds on hand, that these funds should be forwarded to the Branch.

They got to be hurting big time! JJ, looks like a very big sell off is planned in the future, only changes that would increase profits at time of sale will get consideration from the branch I bet.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morph, it's true that they have volume discounts, but if locals find the same product at a lower price, they still have to purchase through the LDC

No, they do not.

• stillin
    stillin

Morph, the local KH found their roofing shingles at a steep discount compared to the price that the LDC had. Nope. They supply all for the project. Don't rock the boat. Theocratic Order. Blah blah etc, etc.

Carpet? Same story. Yep, it's a scam

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Maybe a kh crash should be planned for that hall. Reason that it could have been prevented had their been better security.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morph, the local KH found their roofing shingles at a steep discount compared to the price that the LDC had. Nope. They supply all for the project. Don't rock the boat. Theocratic Order. Blah blah etc, etc.

ahh ok i see what your saying. The example helped to clarify.. The problem is it may not be “like for like” in the case of the items on sale. Cheaper quality etc etc... the fact is, there is no kickback setup for the ldc to purchase at a higher price and the branch to get the difference.

Its pure and simple a typical corporate move. As they become more centralized they dont want locals making decisions. The group that works at corporates direction kisses ass at all cost and obeys the letter of the law no matter how stupid.

if you want a kick back scam there has been one around for a long while... well besides the kh scam itself.

Look at circuit leasing.

• James Jack
    James Jack

When I was with the RBC, everything had to be purchased at Home Depot, you know why?

The Watchtower Society got 10% cash back on all purchases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit