"The Branch did not approve of us to get a video security system"

by James Jack 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Why do people seem to think that warwick and other branches are bothered about the kingdom halls and all the people in them apart from what they can get out of them

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sounds like someone has about $600 they need to be sending off. We'll be watching for it. Thanks, your brothers, blah blah blah.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That's odd most kh's these days have one.

• zeb
    zeb

So this is in a country area?

So only cities have crime and get cars ratted? Show me the boe that will tell the 'branch office' to f*** off and I will tell you of the next hall to be sold off.

Surplus funds? what, ground out of the lowest income people or pensioners and little kids pocket money. My contempt knows no depth.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Do they realize that doing stupid stuff like this makes it impossible for them to claim they're not responsible for what goes on in the local congregations?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Lots of halls have security cameras. The objection is probably that it is not an apporved system; meaning it has to be bought from an approved supplier and installed by him, for several thousand $$$ (with kickback).

• James Jack
    James Jack

When I mentioned that other Congregations have video cameras, I was told that they were in place before LDC arrangement or the local Elders never contacted (in error) the Branch.

Each Kingdom Hall at least 2 Elders that represent the LDC interests and that implement any direction given by the LDC.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

"road to nowhere" is on to something. In the next year or two, the org will probably require congregations to buy their "approved" security equipment and software at inflated prices for a "suggested" donation determined by the amount of publishers in the hall. Since halls are closing and congs are being merged, lots of pubs in a cong means lots of $ for the equipment and less equipment is needed because of less congregations are in place.

• tiki
    tiki

Question....suppose someone decides yup, gonna do it. I'll donate funds, get the system in, up and running and don't tell or notify branch or head honchos. Will it just be overlooked or will some idiot come along and spill the beans to the higher ups...if so what happens? Big shots send peons down to dismantle system and charge the cong a fine?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

To the OP, its tragic and yet its the way the org has gone. The LDC has taken over, at the request of the branch, everything. Nothing is local anymore and with no feeling of individual ownership i predict it will lead to less and less care by local witnesses.

This, on the other hand...:

Lots of halls have security cameras. The objection is probably that it is not an apporved system; meaning it has to be bought from an approved supplier and installed by him, for several thousand $$$ (with kickback).

Is ludicrous. They have a program for volume discounts already on lots of things. No kickbacks. Stop with the foolishness already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit