Seeking Riches That Are True

by NJ501 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NJ501
    NJ501

Your thoughts on today's Watchtower?

Can you explain?

How can material possessions be used to strengthen our friendship with God?

So, if I give money to the Org I will get friendship with God??

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well yeah! Mostly cash and gold, if you have any gold god loves gold says so in Genesis so give gold! He will really love you then he'll be your very bestest friend in the whole wide world!

• Half banana
    Half banana

The other name for this is begging for money.

Firstly Jehovah's Witnesses's god is a genocidal maniac-- who wants friends like that in the first place?

And then again if you give your treasures to the org you get little gems back in the form of brilliant truths.......like give up education and a career and you won't regret it 'cos Armageddon is coming by 1914 1925 1975 1994.

Get a life people!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Don't give them any more of your hard-earned. Book a holiday, have a slap-up meal out with friends, buy some books about something other than this pathetic cult.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The article is hypocritically contradictory!

In one paragraph it says that acquiring wealth is bad, and in another paragraph it speaks about being blessed by Jehovah with material things!?!?

• NJ501
    NJ501

Yeah I agree.
    Sounds like the scam a priest sells someone that if you give money to the church he will pray for you to have Gods favour.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It was a scam by the priests that wrote it 2000 odd years ago...give us money for doing nothing

It's a scam today...give us money for doing nothing that contributes to society.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 I'm not going to donate my money to WT since I fear for their spiritual welfare if they acquire too much wealth. Everyone: follow suit. You're only an accomplice to this sin if you continue to feed those seven fat cats more money.

• SadElder
    SadElder

The donate icon at the end of the article speaks volumes.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Here's a thought if you have a desperate urge to give away your hard earned cash give it to a reputable charity and see if God loves you any less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit