Any ExJw Millenials here? If not which Gen do you fall under?

by Hidethevelociraptors 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Hidethevelociraptors
    Hidethevelociraptors

If anyone had to guess, what do you think the average age of the community actually is?

Are more millennials actually waking up or is it pretty even amongst previous generations as well?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

The generation of big hair, lousy fashion sense, rock gods who put on more make up than ladies, awful MTV videos which looked like grammar school projects, a slew of awful horror movies, the end of the Soviet Union and a US president who starred alongside a chimp in the incredibly crappy "Bedtime for Bonzo".

BUT .... the ladies were gorgeous!

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation

What exactly classifies you as a millennial.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

GenX here, the best effing generation after the Great Generation imo.

I think most Millenials land on Reddit. Strangely even people that have never checked out this site mention they have heard about it and it has a negative rep in exjw community. Whatever, the millenials are on reddit.

• Hidethevelociraptors
    Hidethevelociraptors

Via Wikipedia: most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. regarding Millennials

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

QMI

Millenials, the generation that gets an award for participation lol.

Of course they have some irritating traits to an old Gen X'r like me, but they have good qualities too. Just a little to soft and lazy sometimes.

Born Mid 80's to mid 2000's, you are a millenial

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

whats reddit ?

i was a pioneer and a servant years before 1975 became so popular.

-----long before elders had been invented.

-----circuit assemblies started on friday evening.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I remember buying Nirvana nevermind and the world just seemed to be different after that point.

Gen x er here.

• Hidethevelociraptors
    Hidethevelociraptors

okay, so I see what gen dominates this site

Thanks for commenting & keep them coming

FreeMindFade, I'm curious as to what qualities you dislike with millennial ex jw ?

what are the signs?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I remember buying Nirvana nevermind and the world just seemed to be different after that point.

Amen!

FreeMindFade, I'm curious as to what qualities you dislike with millennial ex jw ?

I don't dislike millenial exjws or their qualities, in fact I love them! because they have such a better shot at waking up in my opinion. This is total speculation but i believe my generation (X) lived in the bridge between "no internet" & "internet". So many of us were slow to wake up but are coming around. My hope if millenials will hopefully not get baptized too young and find their way out faster and help bring this organization down in numbers.

I meant in general millenials (not exjw millenials) have characteristics that will vex us GenXers, its just playful pride, not a aversion. I love millenials. Every generation has its strengths and weaknesses.

I think as an exjw, millennials are much more skeptical than precious generations, this is good. they have access to so much more information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit