Local Needs part given after Ministerial Servant left the organization

by cappytan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah ok.

I wonder if the person (or persons) that prompted the "need" for this talk are part of our forum community?

• prologos
    prologos
    Houston TX home of part of the US space program, a few brothers working in that in FL, perhaps other Nasa facilities too, logical thinkers, first to realize when the evidence of the BS in wtBtS becomes overwhelming.
  • cofty
    cofty

Faith - the antidote to logic.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

No...no one knew I was leaving until today.

Cappy, until today? Do tell... was there an announcement?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Cappy, until today? Do tell... was there an announcement?

I made a post, but they keep getting caught in a JWN vortex of limbo.

Simon said to just wait and they'll eventually post.

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

Oh jeez... I SERIOUSLY thought this was my congregation until he said Houston, TX. I heard a similar talk was given at my hall about me and a couple of other brothers. "Stay away from certain ones trying to spread certain teachings". They didn't have anything on me to disfellowship me so they resorted to these types of local needs talks. At that point in my time of need and confusion I felt NO love from the "brotherhood". I felt hatred. So I never went back. Very few things get me riled up but this talk makes me boil!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

It just goes to show you how shallow there faith really is .

smiddy

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Very interesting, thanks for posting that CAPPY.

My wife and I both noticed something missing in that talk.

Yes, there was the fear mongering and call to obey without thinking. . ..

Here's what wasn't said, something that would have certainly been included in a talk like this 20 years ago:

"And brothers, just imagine listening to these poisonous falsehoods and walking away from Jehovah today. . . and tomorrow the Great Tribulation and Armageddon breaks out."

No one actually believes Armageddon / the New System is coming in their lifetimes anymore. They don't even mention it when they want to guilt trip you/fearmonger.

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

How do you think a "normal" JW would react if they somehow were told by a RV or Study, that their church..possibly LDS, SDA, Scientologist, Children of God, or even more mainstream, gave a similar talk to the congregation because they were aware of one of their members visiting or studying with JWs? Aha...Satan's craftiness is at it again! Or ask them to imagine themselves being at one of those meetings and hearing a talk using different concepts. Yeah...I know what you're going to say.

This really strikes home. I was there for my unexpected marking talk. From that time on, I've been treated like a germ when I run into friends and family. They soak that stuff up and never think that this is common among religions with high control. If they had been born into the LDS religion, they would accept that council as coming from God.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

he provides no answer only just ignore the question. Good luck with that strategy.

I wonder why he focused on the teenagers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit