Confessions of an ex-elder

by Irreverent 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board Irreverent.

and to all the x-elders that are here, posting, still helping, (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((x-elders))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) my heart goes out to you guys. I don't think we will ever know the full pain of some of the things you did "for God's sake" and now know differently.

j2bf

• nowisee
    nowisee

it gives me pause. i think we females were spared the agony of what you describe. for once it worked for us as we did not have to bear this responsibility. im glad you made it out.

i forgive you, as well as i believe all others here will do also. don't beat yourself up. look ahead and find others you can help with your experience.

my best to you. nowisee

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I am thankful for the few that I was able to help.

What a loving man! Welcome.

Beryl

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

If there were more Elders like you, the congregations would be a better place to be. Don't feel bad about the time you 'wasted', it sounds to me like you did alot of good during your time as an elder so be positive about it. Most of us were sucked in for various amounts of time, it took me 19 years to figure it all out!!

Welcome to the board.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

UNSPOKEN RULES.

Funny thought there is this invisible terminology & sub culture which actual runs & Rules the lives of everyone within the congregations, ALTHOUGH SCRIPTURES Are paraphrased not acted upon maybe sometimes thought about,

guess it leads to the hidden culture of secrecy ,within the ones whom know all within the congregation ,leaving others not really knowing what the hell is going on ,but there all christians under the skin .hierarchy rules yet you are on a need to know basiss, dont do as i do do as i say,No i dont see you as being conned into becoming an elder you wanted position within the congregation ,you either met the profile they required ,as in being a yes man or butt kisser,but now that you have come to your senses welcome to the board,you dont need to kiss butt here

agarpe.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Irreverent,

You took your time posting – but we’re all so glad that you’re here now. That was a great post and much appreciated.

Dansk

• obiwan
    obiwan

Your apology alone shows your heartfelt appreciation for your fellow man.I'm quite sure that all of us at one time or another did someone a disservice to another person, regardless of the position him or her had. The fact that there is alot of mental breakdown on all levels show that the remorse is not your to bear but the orginizations, they are the one's who failed us all.

Chin up and be proud of the fact that you are a better person because of it, and it's the orginizations loss to lose so many fine upstanding people such as yourself. If you can't be honest and true to yourself and your beliefs then everyone around you suffers.

Welcome aboard!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Wonderful post brudda! Welcome to the forum!

PFC District Overbeer

• outnfree
    outnfree

I would like to warmly welcome you, Irreverent!

Yes, there WERE some elders who were very loving and helpful. I'm sure you were one of them. Don't beat yourself up, just enjoy the relief that comes from leaving the hypocrisy behind.

I look foward to getting to know you better via this Board.

outnfree

• benext
    benext

Irreverent, I stayed for 4 years but really had an internal struggle to accept the initial appointment. I had an idea of what I was getting into, tried, but realized it was a lost cause. Don't let it get you down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit