Maverick: a very nice answer indeed

"We are not apostates of the True God!

We do not usurp Jesus place in God's arrangement,

nor do we claim to be the earthly channel of His Holy Spirit! "

Amen,

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Hey AMAC: Don't be so sure about that "very few active JWs" here comment... you'd be surprised.

Of course, I guess it depends on your definition of 'active' really is.... hehehe.

Unborgfully yours...

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Thanks so much. Again I didnt mean to insult anyone with the apostate comment.

You didn't insult me. I'm still getting accustomed to the idea that I have earned the Scarlet "A".

I just dont need a speech about how all witnesses are horrible

I don't believe that. I do go off from time to time, but I do not believe all Witnesses are evil.

and the whole bible is a lie!

You wont hear that from me....at least, not yet!!!!

Instead of helping they would make matters much worse

I'm so sorry. But you know, you will find a LOT of love here....

I know I want to be happy

And that's a start. I know I want to be happy, too. I've just begun my journey, although I've been DF since 1994. It's scary, unsettling, devastating at times, humorous, heart breaking....but I'm growing. I do love Jehovah. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I'm still learning. I want the truth, the real truth, if that can be "found".....I honestly don't know. But I do know that when I decide on what course of spriitual action to take, if any, it's not going to be because two women whisper the correct answers in my ear at a weekly Bible study....

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue
    be too queasy for coffee and cake after.

Hey, what congregation do you go to where they serve cake after the book study? I wouldn't have left if there had been cake, that's for damned sure.

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue
    be too queasy for coffee and cake after.

Hey, what congregation do you go to where they serve cake after the book study? I wouldn't have left if there had been cake, that's for damned sure.

Beryl

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I ain't no goddamn 'postate! I am nor DA'ed or DF'ed, I just tied up my horse one day to the hitchin' rails outsida this saloon, and these damn 'postates won't let me leave!

The Pope (don't care too much for goddamn horses anyhoo)

• Gopher
    Gopher

lost&notfound -- your name sounds like a department at a district convention.

Welcome to the board.

You said, "If I called up any brother or sister instead of being loving and kind they would think it was horrible that I was missing the meetings or that I didnt know what book we were in etc. Instead of helping they would make matters much worse." That alone proves they're really NOT your brother or sister, and that their love is conditional. Once you differ one iota from what THEIR expectation is, you're dead meat (to them).

You will NOT find that judgmental attitude out on this board. You have stumbled onto (or come across) a very supportive and helpful place. I hope you continue to post out here.

Here's the link to this week's edition of "Blondie studies the Watchtower":

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/49189/1.ashx

Enjoy!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

berylblue wrote:

Hey, what congregation do you go to where they serve cake after the book study? I wouldn't have left if there had been cake, that's for damned sure

We have the chattiest bookstudy ever; I have a real conflict over it. Still, I go, and the cake, desserts, coffee, popcorn after almost makes up for the braindead chatter over that most lame of books, Isaiah Volume II. This study group is a collection of mostly really nice people; it is very surreal for me, listening to good people rehash what they have heard over and over again; I love them all, but it is getting hard to sit through it and not feel guilty/angry/sick over not being able to show them how free a believer can be.

I mean, really: does everything in the book of Isaiah point to the FDS showing up in 1919? How cheesily transparent can it get?

Amazingly, they have taken to again referencing CT Russell, with the one I read most recently quoting some other men at the turn of the century that thought highly of his writings. (snicker)

I wonder if it was the pyramid theology that got them?

• Azalo
    Azalo

a two volume book all about isaiah! that must be a real pageturner, boy am i out of the loop. i remeber when i was in we used to alternate between creation, united, you can live forever and then they threw greates man into the rotation (probably a couple of others too)

• Loris
    Loris
    This study group is a collection of mostly really nice people

Pistoff , I miss the really nice people in my book study group. I quit before we finished Volume I We had cake, cookies, ice cream and soda once a month. It was called goody night. The association after the mind numbing study was the best.

lost&notfound - welcome - we are not lost as some would have you believe. We have found peace

Love and peace,

Loris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit