"I thought About You" Email

by BeautifulMind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I thought About You" Email

At the end of it she goes on and on for another paragraph about how much she misses me and loves me and hopes I change my thinking and return to Jgod.

............Counting FS Time

......Image result for woman on toilet with laptop...Image result for disgusted businessman with lap top

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the bad tempered,evil angry,perverted,bloodthirsty,narcissistic god of the OT does not seem "care very deeply" at all if it is to imminently murder billions
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hadriel that letter is dynamite! It's ideal because initially it appears sympathetic to the Borg and a dub would read on...only to see the absurdity of their position clearly pointed out.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @Diogenesister my thought is along the lines of @jookbeard in that the rationales that are made are baffling. To think that I once did exactly the same is honestly embarrassing.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Menrov - it was a daily text. She sent it with the daily text app. I didn't even know they had one of those.

Magnum- you read my mind!!

• new boy
    new boy

"Soon, Jehovah’s day will come."

When he will kill millions of men, women and children,

Now is the time to return to our heavenly Father’s loving arms and to the congregation

Yes, his loving arms before he kills you along with 99% of he world population.

—the only safe haven in these last days.​—Deut. 33:27; Heb.

Because we are right and everyone else is screwed

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

I did reply very nicely, but firmly. Of course before I replied, it took me a day to calm down! I was seriously annoyed. But like truthseekeriam said, she thinks she's is doing something good. It was especially difficult to reply because She doesn't even know that I know TTATT. My hubby hasn't told his parents yet, so we are still low key. All she knows is I'm taking a break and analyzing things. Anyway, here is my carefully worded reply - edited of course to remove her name. It's a little long, sorry.

Thank you. I know your email came from a good place and you mean well.

I did consider the information you sent. My situation is completely different than what is described. Nothing happened to stumble me or cause me to be in a state of inactivity. Not one thing. I'm purposely taking the time out to take a long, hard, honest look at the religion and in doing that realized I had some serious thinking to do regarding my beliefs on it. After all, Jehovah did give us free will and I am using that free will to assess my situation. And for me, that requires stepping away from the organization so I can assess it with a clear head. The bible says "the heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?" (Jer. 17:9). My heart knows that if after my assessment I decide not to start attending meetings again, my friends and family that are witnesses will stop associating with me and that would be so hurtful! My heart would become "desperate" to return to regain that association.

For that reason, I am not trusting my heart. But I instead am using my mind and following the words that we often quote/read to people of other religions out in the ministry. 1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." Jehovah's Witnesses encourage everyone to examine their religion/beliefs (Public Edition of the Watchtower, July 1, 2013 article "Should You Trust Religion", pg. 3). It would be naïve to think some Jehovah's Witnesses would not apply this to themselves if moved to do so. So for me, I should be able to examine my religion without it being an earth-shattering event. This religion has been my entire life to this point, and you know that. So it's going to take some time to figure things out for myself and that won't happen over night. What I am 100% positive of is only I can determine what I want my relationship to be with God. I've allowed other factors/people to influence my beliefs in the past. That stops now. Ultimately it is my personal decision to make, no one else's.
    I haven't heard from her since.....

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Just remember.....You're gonna DIE!!!!!! (if you don't see things their way)

News Flash. We're all gonna die someday. How about live your life without the influence of science denying cult members.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wonderfully written BeautifulMind!

The self-righteousness of witnesses is mind-blowing!

Just remember this great quote that has often been posted on this site by others:

"The best revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Go Magnum, go Magnum!!!!!! Haha, that was GRRRrrReEeaaaaTtTttt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit