"I thought About You" Email

by BeautifulMind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Hey everyone!! I hope everyone is doing good today. I don't share or comment often, but I'm in the mood to do that today. I wanted to share an email I got from my former close friend a couple of weeks ago. I got so excited when I first saw the email title and thought cool, maybe she is coming around to respect my decision to step away from the org. and we can go back to the way things were. I hadn't heard a peep from her since I told her my stance back in September. But of course, that was wishful thinking. Here's the email.

I wanted to share with you some love & Encouragement!!

It is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish.​—Matt. 18:14.

Jehovah cares deeply about all those who have expressed love for his name, even if they are not actively serving him at present. (Luke 15:3-7) Are you among those who are not now actively serving God? Perhaps someone in the congregation hurt you and as a result you stopped associating with Jehovah’s organization. Since some time may have passed, ask yourself: ‘Is my life now more meaningful, and am I happier? Was it Jehovah who offended me, or was it an imperfect human? Has Jehovah God ever done anything to harm me?’ Really, he has always done good toward us. Even if we are not living up to our dedication to him, he allows us to enjoy the good things he provides. (Jas. 1:16, 17) Soon, Jehovah’s day will come. Now is the time to return to our heavenly Father’s loving arms and to the congregation​—the only safe haven in these last days.​—Deut. 33:27; Heb. 10:24, 25. w13 11/15 2:16, 17

At the end of it she goes on and on for another paragraph about how much she misses me and loves me and hopes I change my thinking and return to Jgod. No how are you and the family, just come back. We talked every day before "the decision" (and yes, I stole that little saying from LeBron lol) and shared many life events together. Yet, she now feels the only way to communicate with me is to send a email with info that doesn't even apply to me asking me to come back to the Hall? Hmmmmmm....... 🤔🤔🤔

• menrov
    menrov
    Seems not her words but paragraph from Return to Jehovah brochure
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Interesting. I keep waiting for an email from one of my old friends.

The last time I called her, I said, "Sharon?" She replied, "there is no one by that name here"

Months later, after being inspired by this quote, I sent her an email with only this quote in the"re:" line "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Came the reply, "Everything has a price" We make our own choices. Your friends have never left you. 'Anne Bishop'

What nerve, hmmm?

• Magnum
    Magnum

I detest the condescension of clueless JWs. They are in such a high place, and we weak little lost ones are in need of them to reach out their strong hands and lift us from our deplorable, pitiable states. They just assume they're right and that anybody who is no longer active as a JW is weak or has had his feelings hurt or something trivial like that. They're clueless, gullible, naïve, self-righteous, condescending.

Perhaps someone in the congregation hurt you and as a result you stopped associating with Jehovah’s organization

How about perhaps I found out the org is lying, self-serving, deceptive, and overly concerned with money and material things? How about I found out the real history of JWdom? How about I realized the holes in and fallacy of JW theology? How about I finally got to see behind the GB curtain and the magic instantly disappeared? How about I found out that Stephen Lett is only good for providing fodder for Saturday Night Live skits - that is, if anybody in the world cared about him and even knew who he was.

In their eyes, the only possible reason we're no longer active arises from a fault or weakness of ours. How infuriating and unjust.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Magnum, AMEN!!
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In a weird way I hope I get an email like this at some point. My reply will be a point by point rebuttal/refutation.

I was never actively serving god. Perhaps no one in the congregation hurt me, but it was the systematic lies, deception and control of the governing body that caused me to leave. Assuming you believe their claims to speak directly for god, then yes it was Jehovah that offended me. Yes my life is happier and more meaningful since leaving. My dedication was the result of fraud, so I view it as null and void so there's nothing for me to live up to. When will his day come? It's been "soon" for over 100 years and every prediction (1914, 1925, 1940s, 1975, 2000, within a generation of 1914) for when it will come has failed. Why should I return to the organization that defrauded me for safety they don't provide from an event that only they claim is coming?

Maybe that's a little much but whatever. If they want to make assumptions about why someone's not in their cult anymore, they should be prepared to have those assumptions challenged. Obviously, though, this approach really only works if you're willing to let the cards fall where they may and get DFed.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Reply with:

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's Ironic you mention this. I've been feeling sad and withdrawn and wondered why. I've been trying to put my finger on what it is. You're email couldn't have been more timely. I watched the latest JW broadcasting and was really moved by the story of the kingdom hall/assembly hall that was being built but was held up due to a lack of sand for concrete. The story indicated how Jehovah showed his blessing via a typhoon washing up the needed sand. It made me think of the typhoon that washed away 33 lives in the Philippines a year earlier 22 of which were huddled in the kingdom hall likely praying for their lives.

You've helped me realize what's missing...

Friend's who can think for themselves and aren't utterly brainwashed.

Sincerely,

Your Name

I'm joking of course but I swear that's what you feel like replying with.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Personally I don't even acknowledge the Jdub stuff. Everyone has different circumstances, some choose to come across as discouraged, I try to do the opposite. Show them how happy, healthy and great you are without the cult.

Hey thanks.. im great, these cool things are happening, im doing this, nice to hear from you, how are things with you??

lol. I wont play into the return to big J model the organization has sold to them, that we are discouraged and left. I'm happy as hell on this side

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The dreaded " I miss you so so much, but I won't talk to you until you come back crapola!"

I really would get annoyed, and then sad when I use to get those. Don't worry they will stop once they know it won't work.

I try to remember they are so mind controlled they really think they are doing the right thing.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    I wont play into the return to big J model the organization has sold to them, that we are discouraged and left. I'm happy as hell on this side

Just yesterday, my wife was droning on about some biblical story she's picked up from one of her latest WT binges about Baruch, some biblical character, and some inner turmoil he was going through. The gist of the story was, as usual, self-deprecation if necessary to bring you inline with WT organizational activity as a means of currying favor with their omniscient sock puppet jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit