"I thought About You" Email

by BeautifulMind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching
    OneEyedJoe, they challenge EVERY one elses assumptions, they should be able to step to the plate & have THEIRS challenged too!!!
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

That December 31st daily text really set me off, too. My mother-in-law left the 2015 text open to that page for two straight weeks so I couldn't avoid reading it over and over. The contradiction and arrogance of that text sent me into a rage. If god is so concerned about not having to destroy even one of his sheep then why is it so important that only the congregation (of Jehovah's Witnesses) be the safe haven for when god comes to smite the world?

Watchtower completely twists that scripture to fit itself and mocks the Hebrew god's love which is the main selling point for Christians of countless denominations. I told her to get rid of the text or I'd throw it out the window.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    BeautifulMind, good email. I wrote the same thing to a friend who sent me the Return to Jehovah booklet. That I spent years trying to persuade people to examine the religion they were raised in and then it was my turn to do that. I asked her had she ever examined her religion, ever. Were they even allowed to do that now? That my reason for leaving wasn't being stumbled or feeling guilty but having studied and thought deeply, finding I no longer believed. But that reason isn't an option is it? I haven't had a reply either.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Im just glad that particular chapter is over. I don't have to worry about silly misapplied scripture emails from her again. It was a big step for me because I usually just let things like that go, shrug it off. But that was too much, I had to say something. JW are so quick to "boldly" tell the world their beliefs and how they have the "truth", but run when someone doesn't agree or changes their mind. Such cowards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit