How long can you go without...

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I was between 16 and 35 I drank about 5 beers a week, which is reasonable, on week ends only, but since then, I don't touch it. I don't know why I stopped, but I don't miss it.

Our Canadian beer is great, I guess I should drink a few again.... But if I do that, I'm not responsible of what I write anymore...

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I did the Mormon thing for about 18 months.

Alcohol is no big deal---except on St. Patty's Day and at Renn Faires. Altho I do like hard liquor and Guinness and Bass and Dos Equis...but wine usually gives me heartburn(can't drink white wine at all..makes me feel nauseous). BUUUUUT no way I can go without alcohol AND coffee AND tea!

I really did like the weirder aspects of Mormonism....(if only they would get rid of all the Jesus talk)but I just could not hang with the no hot drinks or alcohol. The only Christians I really like are Mormons and Catholics---because they are really just pagans with a little Jesus thrown in....

My nickname is Martini because when I was on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago, they had a martini bar and no one was ever there so i went and hung out with the Russian girl who was the bartender and she made me free 'samples'---lots of free samples!

I can't even remember when the last time I got a buzz was.....I don't think I have had more than 2 or 3 drinks in one sitting for atleast 5 years. I drank more as a JW-LOL. I lived in TN for 3 years and you had to go 50 or 60 miles to even buy it. But now I am in VA and you can get beer and wine at Walmart! Maybe I will drink more now.

Ravyn

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I do enjoy it from time to time, socially or to relax in the evening, but alcohol really isn't something I need or crave. I can go indefinitely without it.

• JH
    JH

Many people need excess alcohol, or drugs to feel good and party. I just need good music. I can drive my car for hours turning round and round listening to music and never getting tired. Music definitely is my drug.

• Mac
    Mac

Now that's an emoticon!!!

mac, of the it's been too long already class

• ring
    ring

If Jesus couldn't make it without a little wine........how can i be expected to?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Don't know, I rarely drink, maybe once every couple of months, or more, usually it's a social situation, never really drink at home, by myself. I could go indefinatly and not miss it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Definitely only special occasions. Like sandy, I hate what alcoholism can do to relationships.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've never seen such a parched thread! You guys need to get out more!!!

Come to Britain and we'll show you what real drinking is all about!!!

***disbelief class***

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

WHEW. Thought you were going to say without..........SEX !

Hmmmmm. Coming up to 24 hours now..........Gotta GO !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit