How long can you go without...

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    If Jesus couldn't make it without a little wine........how can i be expected to?

Then go right ahead and DRINK all the wine you can at the memorial next month.

• shera
    shera

I can go without it,but I drink about once or twice ,every month or two.I love my Smirnoff(sp?..lol) Ice!

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK Seriously though... As always, someone has chipped in to the conversation with the term "never alone" like that would be some kind of dirty habbit.

Well I spend most of my time alone. Being thrown out of the truth forced me to spend a lot of time on my own; I'm sure a lot of disfellowshipped people here can relate to that. And while I gained a large circle of friends since, I still spend a lot of time on my own - I have come to enjoy it, and yes, I drink on my own also.

I really do enjoy drinking a lot, the fact I had to give it up for lent tells you that. But what is this stigma to "doing it alone"? Is there any corelation to a sex thread where people would admit to being whores but denied masterbation???

Please let me know.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I hardly ever drink, but in Dallas and Florida I think I drank more than I have in 3 years. I'm not a big drinker but my patron saint must have been. Rock on, St Brigid:

I would like to have the men of Heaven
    in my own house;
    with vats of good cheer
    laid out for them.

I would like to have the three Marys,
    their fame is so great.
    I would like people
    from every corner of Heaven.

I would like them to be cheerful
    in their drinking.
    I would like to have Jesus, too,
    here amongst them.

I would like a great lake of beer
    for the King of Kings.
    I would like to be watching Heaven's family
    drinking it through all eternity.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

NINETEEN YEARS AND FOUR MONTHS. A LONG, LONG TIME!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

OCW

• Mulan
    Mulan

How long can I go without a drink? Probably a long time, but I like to drink, so don't deprive myself. I am not an addictive personality. (unless you count computers and the internet )

The real question is how long can I go without coffee? Not a day.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I have to go at least a month or 2 without a single drop of beer. I am about to have an emotional breakdown. j/k Need to drop 35 pounds in a short amount of time. Cant have any of that fattening stuff.

PFC District Overbeer

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ah, I can go five months, or I could drink every day (I did both). It's all the same to me. I can enjoy a great cup of tea as much as a good brew, but the brew has got a little special something I can't quite put my finger on.....

ash

• Dawn
    Dawn

Ok - this thread is making me thirsty. Time to go get a beer

• Celia
    Celia

it's been about a year.... ooooooh......... you're talking about drinking.... ahem.... well, sorry, got to go.... I had a glass of Marcus James Cabernet-Sauvignon for dinner tonight...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit