Major WTS Prophecy goes down to defeat !!!

by Amazing 49 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

MANS SALVATION OUT OF WORLD DISTRESS AT HAND (1975)

Page 236:

QUOTE: "..The symbolic wild beast with seven heads and ten horns pictures "an eighth king," that is to say, an eighth world power. This world power came into existence after the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 C.E. and after World War I. Modern history identifies this Eighth World Power as being the international organization for world peace and security. This was formed in 1919 and went into operation early in 1920. The Seventh World Power, namely, the Anglo-American World Power, was largely responsible for the formation of that organization for world peace and security. (Revelation 13:11-15) It began under the name "The League of Nations." It sprang from the preceding seven world powers in that it combined in itself the Seventh World Power and all the relics of the preceding six world powers….. In 1939 C.E. the League of Nations went into the abyss of deathlike impotency because of the outbreak of World War II. After the close of World War II in the summer of 1945, this Eighth World Power that was assigned to safeguarding world peace and security ascended out of the wartime abyss, especially by the aid of the Seventh World Power, the dual world power of Britain and America. It took on a new name, United Nations. ..."

Anyone who thinks that says the UN will be run by the Anglo America power will just have to believe that. The Anglo America power is the 7th power. The UN is an 8th power, a seperate power that takes over from the anglo american power. Thats what it says. that what they meant.

• Valis
    Valis
    these fools who post here have no appreciation for theocratic principles so they just refuse to see it.

yep...definitely laughing...

So just keep watching the news because the end is very near, you just wait and see.

still laughing...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• waiting
    waiting
    If I understand this correctly, what we are now seeing before our very eyes is an atypical fulfillment of the antitypical King of the North’s struggle with the modern symbolic fulfillment of the symbol representing the Wild Beast. - freeman

No, you don't understand this correctly. You are "slaving over signs & times" (paraphrasing) and that's condemned by the Bible. Thus, you and the WT, are condemned.

You, as a supposed Christian, are supposed to be "saved by Grace" of God (as are all Christians) and supposed to devote your life to "faith, hope & charity" - living those gifts. Instead, you slave over pretend signs looking for The End..........as jw's have done for over a hundred years now.

In doing so, you miss the free gift of grace by God.

Btw, I'm agnostic.....and don't necessarily buy into this "grace of God"..........but it makes more sense than groveling over meaning in supposed signs, clouds, and make-believe - exactly what the jw's have been doing for over a century....like every other Adventist group & cult.

Just so that you know, I'm also jw in good standing for 30 years, recently inactive.

waiting

waiting

Hey Amazing! Good to see you again here!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I believe the current policy of the WTBS is to avoid dealings with the inactive, disassociated or disfellowshipped whenever possible. You are now violating those policies by discussing a biblical topic in this forum. If you feel you are being helpful and displaying your faith and love for fellow humans and practicing christian mercy, that is genuine and noble. However, it is in conflict with the WTBS policies. So which do you choose? Do you obey the WTBS policies and avoid the "dogs" outside the city or do you preach to tax collectors, prostitutes, lepers and foreigners like Jesus?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If we were to ask the question , I can just imagine the reply. The same as I would have said at one time in the absence of any real idea.

"The U.N. may be down at the moment but it is definately not out. It is still a massive organisation with the support of most of the nations. The pendulum can easily swing the other way , just watch when it does. etc etc etc ."

incidentally the Revelation Book said , page 254

Notice that the scarlet-colored wild beast "is also itself an eighth king." Thus, the United Nations today is designed to look like a world government. At times it has even acted like one, sending armies into the field to resolve international disputes, as in Korea, the Sinai Peninsula, some African countries, and Lebanon. But it is only the image of a king. Like a religious image, it has no real influence or power apart from what is invested in it by those who brought it into existence and worship it. On occasion, this symbolic wild beast looks weak; but it has never experienced the kind of wholesale abandonment by dictator-oriented members that sent the League of Nations reeling into the abyss. (Revelation 17:8) Though holding radically different opinions in other areas, a prominent Soviet leader in 1987 joined the popes of Rome in expressing support for the UN. He even called for "a comprehensive system of international security" based on the UN. As John soon learns, the time will come when the UN will act with considerable authority. Then it, in its turn, "goes off into destruction

Prophecy , or covering their tails?

Incidentally, I read hurt and freeman's past as super ironic humour

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."it has no real influence or power apart from what is invested in it by those who brought it into existence "...

BB. And who brought it into existance? America/ England. And so prophetic understanding shifts to fit current expediency.Wonder what theyll say when the UN is disbanded and another organization for rule of the Global villagfe is formed. The Dubs have run out of "images"...

• freeman
    freeman

Waiting:

I was just trying to have a little fun with our new troll Hurt. What I posted was an attempt at levity S orry for the confusion.

Freeman

• Valis
    Valis

Dam you freeman! dam you to the Kingdom Hall! May you also be "blessed" with 60 faithfull years of pioneer service!*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Freeman. I felt you were applying the rules of prophetic interpretation as explained in the "Finished Mystery" page 392:

QUOTE: “ When Ezekiel sees another doing something it usually signifies another than Pastor Russell doing it, but may signify Pastor Russell seeing himself, or the Ezekiel class. The Ezekiel prophecy types and symbolizes Pastor Russell or the Reformer class seeing Pastor Russell or the Reformer class or some member of that class doing the thing typed or symbolized”

• outnfree
    outnfree

s'ok, Freeman,

I was LMAO at your "analysis"!

Refiners,

Could you please explain that one more time??

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit