Are JW's Really Zealous?

by metatron 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie
    i have not condemed any church....the question was are the jws zealous?......the simple answer is yes...zealous in preaching the good news

And what if a JW was not zealous? What would happen to them according to the WT? The answer to that question will tell you why they ARE zealous...they are working for salvation

Not condemning churches doesnt give you any credit, JWs consistently condemn other JWs. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. See REALNESS, if you really want to see realness in action begin observing how condemning the WT is, not only of other churches, but also of its own people.

BTW nice to meet you

Brummie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

LOL

It's so funny how JW's see themselves as being at center stage of a grand cosmic drama. I guess that's all part of the group narcissism that makes JWism so appealing to some (me included at one time, I'm embarrassed to say).

When I was in, it really bothered me that when I met non-JW's, I almost always found that they knew absolutely nothing about the Witnesses. And I'm in the U.S. where the preaching work(tm) has been taking place longer than anywhere else.

But of course a JW would say that Jerhover and the angels are watching over the work looking for receptive ones, so the fact that most people don't know about JW's doesn't mean anything, blah blah blah.

"Join Us or Die!" - yep, that's Good News all right. Of course they're slowly trying to crawl away from that one.

• nowisee
    nowisee

realness, i feel for you. you are obviously very sincere in what you say.

i too was once in the place where you are. i pioneered for many years. my life was the organization, following its teachings (believing that the teachings were scriptural). all of my family and friends were jws. i married a bethelite. i was raised a jw, my father was an elder. i swallowed everything wts said too, hook, line and sinker. i considered myself to be "zealous".

when after a while some serious scriptural questions were raised that the elders could not answer by scripture, we were told to simply not question. --direct quote. when issues were raised with some of the anointed, that could not be answered by scripture, they said they "would follow watchtower above the bible." -- direct quote.

it was a long gradual process of leaving, one thing heaped upon another. more than l0 years of doubts and questions not being addressed.

i was in a spiritual limbo for many years after leaving. in the last year or so i have made contact with a christian church, unjudgemental, accepting of questions, providing so much spiritual food. they provide for probably a dozen different bible studies each week, available to all. they read THE BIBLE. they read and discuss scripture alone, no watchtowers, no books. it has been totally enlightening to me that there are others who read and rely on scripture. i always believed as a jw that we were the only ones. totally false propaganda.

i really hope you can open your mind and allow for the possibility that there are others who love God and His Word. i sincerely hope it does not take you too long to find out "the real truth" about the watchtower society.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey realness,is it hard for you to speak truthfully?..You only speak half the truth..A half truth is as good as a lie..You support the end of what you call a wicked system,what about the innocent people whose deaths you support if they don`t join your religion?..Why don`t you mention that,or is it too imbarasing? Killing people for not joining your religion is evil..Are you too spiritualy weak to fight evil?..Or is it easyer to follow evil as long as it dosen`t harm you for now?...OUTLAW

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Outlaw: So you are saying that this world we live in today is not wicked are you? We claim we have the truth so of course want people to come and join us in our fellowship, we want to make disciples as jesus taught us to do. We claim we are the only people doing gods will on earth, not that we will only be saved that is down to jehovah to read hearts. Jesus when hanging on the tree promised the criminal that he would be in paradise, yet he was not a believer.......of course we want people to join us as we are encouraged to do.....it also certainly does not mean that every jw will be saved, in the same manner jehovah reads hearts....how is yours?

R

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey realness,the world isn`t wicked .Just some of the people in it..Like the people who would support the death of those who don`t join their religion ...People like you...OUTLAW

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Outlaw: so by your reasoning the jws arent wrong or evil just some of the people in it, the use of the word world is descriptive, of course not everyone is wicked dont act dumb.....jesus said he would destroy this wicked system of things(world) he is not really destroying the entire world is he? The world we live in is wicked!.

R

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey realness,you like to avoid talking about the murder of all the innocent people who don`t join your religion..Afraid you`ll make decent people sick? It`s too late..Most people who know about the WBTS are sickened by it..It`s a crumbling religion chokeing on it`s own lies and deciet,and the many deaths and broken familys it has caused...I leave you to wallow in your filth ...OUTLAW

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    not that we will only be saved that is down to jehovah to read hearts

REALNESS, get real. Please stop pretending that your religion teaches something other than "US AND ONLY US!!! EVERYBODY ELSE IS GONNA DIE!!!"

And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation. .. -Watchtower 1981 November 15 p.21 'Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses'
    Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones ... Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do. -Watchtower 1981 December 1 p.27 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter
    A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. ... Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it. -Watchtower 1983 February 15 p.12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth-But How?
    " Only Jehovah's Witnesses , those of the annointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."
    -The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p.19 paragraph 7.
    Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization--God's visible organization -- that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal... You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life ...
    -You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255
    " identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. "
    -Our Kingdom Ministry, 11/1990, p. 1
    "But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy."
    -The Watchtower, September 15, 1993, p. 22
    "The speaker concluded: ‘Let all zealously continue to support the faithful and discreet slave . It is only by doing this that someday very soon all sheeplike ones will be able to hear the happy words: "Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom..."’"
    -The Watchtower, January 15, 1993, p. 18 You could search the WT library and come up with thousands of quotes like these.

(thanks to Artful for assembling these quotes on this thread)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear realness: Yes the Witnesses have a form of zealous behavior. This zealousness is interpreted and directed by the Governing Body in Brooklyn. They, (GB) invoke the name of Jesus to lend legitimacy to this formalistic preaching work. It is superfical, shallow, and often self-serving. That's self-serving for the GB not the RF.

Good little J-duds are; expendable, replaceable automatons. They serve the GoverningBodyGod and do its bidding. The true God is forgiving, the GB keeps disfellowshipping records on every witness alive or dead. Why is that? In your new order, when a person in brought back, will he be given a lesser job because in a past life he was naughty?

Are you a member of the elite, annointed? If not, acording to the GB you are doing work as a helper of Jesus' brothers and by them you will be blessed. May your god bless you and praise you. You are storing up treasures in Brooklyn. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit