Are JW's Really Zealous?

by metatron 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Hey, who are you to judge someones zealousness. We are zealous in preaching the good news of the kingdom, as jesus taught us to be, thats what we need to be zealous in. True the other works are admirable and we should strive to do these things, however our main aim should be to bring the good news to all people and we are zealous in doing that. We are not like other religions who do good works, but fail to teach people scriptual truth, these people are zealous in what they do, however fail to carry out jesus command of preaching the good news from the bible. We may not hold church fairs so we can sell our tea cakes but the message we deliver is a lot longer lasting and better tasting than that.

REALNESS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Realness,your a real piece of work..So you think you bring good new`s to the people eh? You go from door to door and threaten peoples lives who refuse to join your religion....Your a thug....JW`s not only fail to teach people scriptural truth,they fail to live up to the scriptural truth they preach.No wonder the outside world dosen`t take them seriously .. You don`t hold fairs to sell your tea and cakes,but your on duty 24/7 to sell magazines for the WBTS..Does the nonsense ever stop?.Do you ever stop and think about what you say..LOL!...OUTLAW

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Outlaw: Threaten? i have never threatened anybody at their doorstep, is it a crime to warn somebody of the danger they MAY be in. Jesus said the good news should be preached, this good news is the fact that jesus will be setting up a new kingdom here on earth.

Was Noah also a thug when he preached and encouraged all to be saved then.

Realness.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey realness,your not Noah,pretending to be Noah makes you sound stupid..The danger they may be in?..Say`s who ? The guy pretending to be Noah?..Dumb-ass! You threaten peoples lives if they don`t do as you say. .Spiritual extortion..Thug...OUTLAW

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Outlaw: Well spotted, i thought i could fool you....no i am not noah but the situation then and now is much the same. The bible states the danger the whole world is in. We are simply doing as jesus said in preaching the good news, if that makes me a thug then i am sorry.....if by saying that jesus will soon end this wicked system and encouraging people to come to a knowledge of god i am threatining you then i dutifully apologize and will obey your commands rather than jesus's.

Realness

• Prisca
    Prisca
    We are not like other religions who do good works, but fail to teach people scriptual truth, these people are zealous in what they do, however fail to carry out jesus command of preaching the good news from the bible

Oh really? How many churches have YOU attended?

I was born and raised a JW, so I have seen alot in the JW world. What Metatron says is true - JWs would rather knock on the doors of empty houses than to help an elderly person, an alcoholic or someone who's living in poverty.

Yet many churches help these ones AND they provide them spiritually as well. I've attended churches where they have ministries for all sorts of people. No one is turned away. The Word of God is adhered to, even more so than the JWs.

So don't condemn what you don't know. Don't judge, lest you be judged yourself.

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Prisca: Dont judge? thats what you have just done to me, i have experiance of many churches and faiths and not one provide any spiritual food to feed on, no studying the bible no scriptual debate and no examining of the jesus words....most are stuck in their traditional beliefs were the masses remain stagnant and each and every sunday is rehash of the previous weeks sermon. The congregations in these churches just have to turn up and listen to some jumped up philosopher spout a sermon with little or no reference to the bible or the good news as jesus preached...teaching that you only have to do a good deed every now and then and attend church every sunday(the rest of the week you can do what you want) to please god.

As i said i agree that doing these "good deeds" is important but so is preaching the good news, "did we not do good deeds in your name" jesus will say i do not know you. Practising the fruits of the spirit is part of an outward display of being christian that we should all strive to achieve but preaching the good news is the work of a christian.

Realness

• Prisca
    Prisca

Realness, I could say the same about JWs:

I have experiance[sic] of many JW congregations and not one provide any spiritual food to feed on, no studying the bible no scriptual debate (just question and answer from the paragraphs) and no examining of the jesus words (just believe what the FDS say, and what is printed in The Watchtower)....most are stuck in their traditional beliefs were the masses remain stagnant and each and every sunday is rehash of what's been printed in the WTS publications spout a talk with little or no reference to the bible (you must believe the Watchtower's publications or else) or the good news as jesus preached (just how much of your spiel at the doors is what Jesus said?)...teaching that you only have to do a couple of hours in field service every week and attend the Kingdom Hall every sunday(the rest of the week you can do what you want) to please god.

See? The WTS philiosophy isn't that much different to the churches you condemn.

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Very good!!!! i have not condemed any church....the question was are the jws zealous?......the simple answer is yes...zealous in preaching the good news...do you see a jw at a homeless shelter? maybe not...what does that prove....does it make them any less christian?

Are the churches zealous?......in providing for the needy etc yes......preaching the good news?......NO

The fruits of the spirit can be displayed in a manner of ways not just helping the homeless etc.....preaching the good news can only be done in an identifiable way.....

Realness

• Prisca
    Prisca

Realness,

A couple of years ago I was just like you. Same biased reasoning, same blindness to looking beyond my own little JW world. Yet over time, with reading the Bible, and looking at my religion from an honest perspective, I realised many things, and I left.

I see from your profile that you joined at the beginning of this month, so you already have been observing and reading the posts on this site for some time. It takes a brave JW to come to a site like this and think they won't be affected somehow. After all, you are associating with df'd ones, and known apostates. You couldn't do that in real life could you? For one thing, if the elders found out you were associating with apostates in your spare time, you would have some explaining to do. They would tell you that you couldn't come here and not be affected by "apostate" reasoning.

Because it is true. On this site you will read little bits of information that will stick in your mind. Once you've read them, you won't be able to forget them. Information that you can't refute with JW reasoning. And eventually, over time, these little bits of information will accumulate, and together with what you see in the JW organisation, you will come to realise that what we were saying was true after all. And somewhere down the track, you will leave the JWs too.

So welcome to the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit