"Apostates " how honest are we?

by closed 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• closed
    closed

Thank you again. SlimBoyFat and BB you exactly know what I meant.

Hadriel. You right jc is against bible standards. It is orgs policy and disturbing one.

Someone asked for sources. Sorry but no. I am in for now. I hope you understand. B

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Thinking about what you are saying, I suppose "Apostate" could have two separate sub meanings.

1. Someone who is ejected via disfellowshipping and becomes bitter and lashes out at the organization or individuals. They may still believe or never have believed. They are just a pissed off person.
    2. Someone who wakes up to the BS and leaves by, fading, dissociating, etc.

I have actually observed someone like you mentioned. She was DF'd multiple times and was overall a very angry malicious person. When she got DF'd she bad mouthed everyone and seemed "apostate". Sometime later while out she actually woke up. All those times DF'd she never learned TTATT it turns out.

She was a different person after that. She was very activist oriented towards the organization but in a different way. Her hatred and maliciousness no longer seemed to control her. I didn't even recognize this new person who was not bitter and hateful.

Now in my mind when I think of "Apostate" as you used it in the OP, my mind goes to my second definition. Not necessarily someone who reacts out of emotion, but someone who saw what is going on and wanted to extricate themselves.

Still saying she was an apostate=dishonest paints with a wide brush used within the organization. Your impression at that time may have been that's what apostates were. Now I hope you see the majority of people who 'apostatize' may not every be on a JC much less discuss with the media or witnesses their experience.

• Listener
    Listener

Closed, you state that you are still in. How honest do you feel you are yourself? Do you feel like you are living a lie?

The point here is that there can be many reasons why a person may appear dishonest but if we knew their reasoning we might not think so badly of them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As one can see in ex-jws web sites such as this one that even apposing arguments against the WTS/JWs go through critically scrutiny to their authentication and accuracy.

So I would say the majority of JW apostates are truthful in their intent in their analysis of the WTS and its practices and doctrines..

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I hate to break it to you closed, but all JWs are decieved decievers.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The funny thing about your opening post, Closed, is that you give the impression that YOU (as a JW elder) WERE ENTITLED to be treated "truthfully".

Whatever gave you that idea?

Are you not familiar with the doctrine of "Theocratic Warfare"? Some people are NOT ENTITLED to "The Trooth," you know.

As an elder, you were a yes-man for, and an official of, an Organization founded by a liar and perpetuated for the benefit of liars.

...and despite you claim to be leaving the WTB&TS (BEHOLD! A Divine Mystery! In, yet not in!), you seem to remain fixated on how you are supposed to be treated.

Get an enema, you're still full of shit, it seems.

• closed
    closed

Thanks NN. When someone is using shit as a proof it is always very convincing ;)

StanLD m666 xjw Birmingham? Am I right? I am not sure. I meant the island in general. I am from the north. Aye, lad.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

cognac:

StanLD m666 xjw Birmingham? Am I right? I am not sure. I meant the island in general. I am from the north. Aye, lad.

yes---that really is my car registration plate--i bought it from the DVLA.

yes--i was born--and grew up in Birmingham UK--until i moved to the Isle of Wight ( UK ) in 1971.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Closed:- O.P "Apostates" How honest are we?"

The Rebel: (A) If an " apostate" is guilty of making dishonest and ingenious revelations about the W.T, the comments whilst maybe sensational and fictitious are not consigned to the utmost secrecy of J.C hearings.

The Rebel.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Apostates " how honest are we?

Someone asked for sources. Sorry but no. I am in for now......Closed

............................................Your In..........And..

......YOUR QUESTIONING OTHER PEOPLES HONESTY.....???????!!..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/85/30/5e/85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.gif

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit