Dubs Ripe for Charismatic Leader to Cause Division

by TheListener 15 Replies latest members private

• TheListener
    TheListener

With all the talk of the dubs having a lack of zeal, the ramped up, especially with the terrorism things going on which would traditionally give the dubs a real boost it made me think that...

With the organization's website and especially their videos I could see someone, probably not a current GB member gaining grass roots support for reforming the organization.

I imagine a lot of dubs seeing this as Jehovah shaking things up and cleaning house.

I could see one charismatic leader stepping in and shaking things up, maybe by disfellowshipping a GB member or two (the scapegoats we've talked about on other threads) and maybe by making common sense belief changes that would universally appeal to the dubs.

Would this cause a division in the organization or not? I don't know but it sure would be interesting to watch.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    "Common sense" is impossible in any religious context, let alone coming from a GB member.
  • wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    The current structure seems to prevent any one person from getting too much power like in the past. I don't think any GB member will be disfellowshipped since once that is done they lose all control over him. They would likely quiet someone they didn't like some other way.
  • sir82
    sir82

Hard to imagine how exactly such a coup would take place. The GB structure seems designed to prevent such a thing from happening.

Aren't there threads on here that the GB structure was created in the early 70's when it became apparent that Knorr wouldn't last much longer, and the rest of the Board of Directors feared what Fred Franz would do with unfettered power?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Anthony Morris, David Splane, or Stephen Lett could fit any of those roles, quite well.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    A charismatic character like Jimmy Swaggart would certainly shake things up. Anthony Morris lll speaks his mind. Imagine if he woke up and had similiar musical credentials to that of Swaggart. He would be the man :-)
  • careful
    careful

Are you in a state/country where pot is legal? Or perhaps you've discovered hallucinogens?

• fukitol
    fukitol
    I think this very thing will eventually happen but not for a number of years yet. A clique of bethelite heavies, perhaps some of the GB helpers, will leave in a blaze of fire, publicly and aggressively exposing and refuting the doctrines/policies that are just screaming out to be dumped (no blood, child abuse policy, shunning family, 1914). But they will only take away about 10-20% with him, the remainder being hopelessly brainwashed and fearful of critical thinking beyond redemption.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

I could see it happening. It's the greatest real tension we have seen in the middle east. Israel is at odds with Iran on the way to a nuclear weapon. The two greatest powers in the world flying bombing missions a few miles apart.

Christians have an irrational believe in about 10 square ft. in the middle east that has nothing at all to do with anything.

US shoots down Russian plane - Russia a US plane. Iran nukes Israel - Israel bombs Iran.

Perfect set up. I don't think it really happens, but I am surprised the Armageddon/Arianism cults aren't all over it. They would have been 20 years ago screaming the END OF THE WORLD (to drive membership).

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I'm game.

Any campaign volunteers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit