Prove That Jehovah’s Witnesses Do Not Have The “Truth”

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter

The title of the first WT book I read was "The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life", today ~80% of that book is no longer considered truth. WT truth changes, they claim it gets brighter, but completely changing back and forth, as with blood teachings, is not called lighter nor true.

People claiming the Bible is truth, please explain who killed Goliath? It shouldn't be too difficult to answer, one name should be enough.

The Bible is full of contradictions, if you deny this, you do not know the Bible.

If you take an honest look at WT prophecies, you have to admit that they all failed, all false prophesies or predictions, no truth to be found there.

There are different levels of truth in the WT, there are the talks at the Assemblies, then these talks are moderated or dilluted when appearing as articles in the WT, and then these articles are dilluted further when they are prepared for the bound volumes. So which level is the truth?

And I could go on and on just as most of you.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

WTDeserter, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Prove your claim that ~80% of "The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life" is no longer considered truth by the WT. I am not aware of that drastic a change.

Prove your claim that "articles in the WT ... are dilluted further when they are prepared for the bound volumes", since I have only seen one sentence in one article in one WT issue out of decades of WT issues which became diluted in the bound volume.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What evidence would I provide?

It depends on the person and what they need to convince them. For the most part, I would steer people to the same kinds of places I went to, one primary internet site being jwfactsdotcom. If they need their hand held to guitde them, we could discuss changes in doctrine and policy, flip-flops on Bible understanding, or we could go to covering up the UN involvement and more current situations like hiding pedophiles.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think the JW cult them-self has done a good job of disproving the cult

• HBH
    HBH

Their doctrine defies the second law of thermodynamics.

https://es.coursera.org/lecture/analysing-complexity/dissipative-structures-4EMN3

HBH

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

OnTheWayOut, if the claim of "articles in the WT ... are dilluted further when they are prepared for the bound volumes" is true, then it should be straight forward to provide quotes of such examples. Of course people reading the documentation would need to still have their individual issues of the WT or be shown images of those issues, in order to make the comparison. Likewise it should be straight forward to list the doctrines in the Truth book which the WT allegedly now claims are false if about 80% of those doctrines are now really considered false.

I was shocked when I read the claim regarding about 80% of the teachings of the Truth book, since that book was the primary doctrinal book I studied prior to becoming baptized as a JW and I was an active JW for numerous years after my baptism and was not aware of anywhere near that many doctrinal departures from the Truth book. However it has been numerous years after the year I became inactive and I have paid very little attention to what the WT has published after I became inactive (and I have avoided obtaining nearly all of their publications [primarily, other than some Awake! bound volumes and two brochures] published after I became inactive). Thus, maybe the WT has made far more doctrinal changes than I am aware of. I do see that numerous teachings of Russell and of Rutherford have been discarded.

I realize that the Truth book of 1968 was revised in 1981. I no longer have 1968 edition (my copy of it had become very worn); I replaced it with a like-new copy of the 1981 revision after making a photocopy of pages 8 - 9, but my recollection is that I hadn't noticed many differences between the two editions.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They are the ones making the claim, they should be the ones to prove it. Its like someone asking: Prove that a tea pot is not orbiting around the earth. Wouldn't it make sense for the burden of proof to be placed on the one making the claim in the first place?

Nevertheless, here are some reasons I can think of :

• JWs don't practice forgiveness in a Christian manner. For instance, a women is disfellowshiped for fornication; then marries to fix the situation. She will remain disfellowshipped until she follows several man made rules. In the meantime, she will be treated the same as someone God hates. Logically, the moment she says "I DO" should be it.
    • They judge people excessively. They will shun people for smoking, voting, celebrating birthdays. If they stop to think about Jesus' teachings, it is excessive.
    • They made prophecies that have not come to be true. They try to weasel they're way out of it playing with words, but the bottom line is: They made assertions claiming to be God's teachings and they failed.
    • They conceal and lie about their history. Anyone who talks a bit too long on their troubled past and teachings will be considered apostates or spiritually weak at best.
    • They teach that God, who loved humanity so much that he gave his only son, will soon come to destroy its greater majority, a majority who never heard their message!
    • A group of man demand the same authority as Mosses and other prophets in the past had while claiming NOT to be inspired. You cannot have it both ways.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "They are the ones making the claim, they should be the ones to prove it."

It's kinda funny, actually.

They're in a very weird place where - from their POV (due to 100-plus-years of ideological policy and internal stated standards) - they have to believe it...

...but...

...on a fundamental level, they don't dare try to really and truly prove it, because...

a) ...any such proof ends up being so much conjecture, supposition, and unfounded assumption that it's pretty much nonexistent, and...

b) ...virtually all authentic, demonstrable evidence (based on history, science and logic) almost always ends up disproving the claim.

Vidiot

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "They conceal and lie about their history."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah’s Witnesses play mental gymnastics when it comes to proving a Watchtower point. They will take things out of context insert words that are not in the Bible etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit