Prove That Jehovah’s Witnesses Do Not Have The “Truth”

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The Watchtower Corporation/JWorg. was and still is a theological fraud but a commercial success story as an active religious publishing house.

Well said Rocketman

'If you tell a lie enough times, people accept it as truth'

Joseph Goebbels -Nazi propaganda minister to Adolf Hitler

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’d have thought that all the times they’ve been hopelessly, hilariously wrong was proof enough. 😏

• zooooooo
    zooooooo

I don't think you can prove that they aren't chosen, anointed. However wrong they may seem to be, so, it would depend on how you are defining, the "truth"

• minimus
    minimus

Zooo people will believe whatever they choose to believe in. Some might believe the moon is made of American cheese. Nothing could convince them otherwise. Some will feel the Witnesses are the one true religion. It is what it is.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Funnily enough, they've proven they don't have the truth themselves.

Every time they claim the light has gotten brighter to explain a changed teaching they're admitting they were wrong before, and therefore didn't have the truth.

It becomes a case of a past truth that is no longer true. And then the English language ceases to make sense.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As Russell himself said ,and I paraphrase " If new light should shine upon the Scriptures for us, it will only add to what we understood before, if it replaces what we understood, the latter was not "Light" or "Truth" at all".

It is of course a Prime Example of their taking Scriptures out of context to use the Proverbs one to explain their constant changes of Doctrine ,the context is plain, it is talking about " The Path of the Righteous One" , and obviously, such a man, as he goes through life, will see the right Path more clearly. The light on the Path gets brighter.

To make more of it than that is not just error, it is deliberate wickedness, a Twisting of Scripture.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

A picture says a thousand words ......

Watchtower from May 15th 1984 - the "1914 The generation that will not pass  away" (I find all kind of things while researching..) :) : exjw

• zooooooo
    zooooooo

Yes, Minimus I agree.

I feel I proved to myself that they don't have the truth. I'm not sure that it would prove it for anyone else.

The 'good news' that was preached to my parents in the late 1950s wasn't truth as far as I can see. They are dead and have been for a few years. They lived a normal life expectancy for a person in the western world.

They had faith, believed the 'good news' that was preached to them, and had faith in God's word explained to them by the 'faithful and discreet slave' through the Watchtower. They adjusted their lives according to their belief.

I find the important point is the definition of faith. It cannot fail and it did.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

What happens here is that as devoted members you are forced to replicate the sins of those men by upholding the doctrines of which they make, even though they dont fall inline from the bible itself.

*** w17 February p. 26 par. 12 Who Is Leading God’s People Today? ***
    The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction.

So when they "err" in doctrine, and one is forced under penalty of shunning to swear to the truth of the "err" (lie), just as Rocketman123 stated, they become sharers in the sins of the governing body.

I remember several times when someone would really get "the spirit" and start praising the governing body I would ask them if it would make a person apostate to deny what the governing body stated as Biblical truth? Of course their answers were always affirmative. Then I would ask them which group of JW's were apostates for denying what was truth about Romans 13: 1? Was it the late 19th early 20th century JW's who claimed the 'superior authorities' were governments, or the mid 20th century JW's who swore it was Jehovah and Jesus, or the later 20th century JW's who said it was the government authorities? And then I ask if by their own words, in writing, the government body say they err, why should anyone place unwavering belief in what they say?

There is no way for any truth to be a lie, and no way for a lie to be truth.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have you heard a murmur? Is it, possibly, the hum of changing opinion?

https://youtu.be/pfl3v0KeaTA

Paul Simon and Philip Glass—two New York geniuses collide. What’s not to like?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit