Prove That Jehovah’s Witnesses Do Not Have The “Truth”

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

They have the 'Truth' because they live by their interpretation of the bible?

Well, the bible is a Catholic book that they put together for their liturgical services. It is not a guide to Christianity, it only provides examples and some rules of Christianity.

Out of 30k-40k different sects of Christianity, only one was started by Jesus and can be traced back to the apostles. His church gave the world hospitals, universities, homeless shelters, foodbanks, and invented human rights for all based solely on all people being in the image and likeness of God.

JWs? They go door to door restoring God's name is the best fruits that they have?

Historical reality proves that the WTS does not have the 'Truth'

TTWSYF

• TD
    TD

It's not possible to prove a negative. Burden of proof rests on the claimant.

It is possible to prove that the JW's have done many things that are incompatible with what they claim to be.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Of course the jw's have the truth. The publishing corporation the witnesses represent even printed a book titled The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life. Find a copy of that book and read it. That book is full of truth.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think it's pretty simple:

DEUT 18:20-22

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken.
  • Ding
    Ding

The WT "truth" keeps changing, but JWs are required to believe that the latest version is always the real truth.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Watchtower publishes a list of reason they believe they have "the truth".

Write the list down, bullet point style.

Use facts to disprove each bullet point.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you were trying to explain why we say that what evidence would you provide? - I personally probably wouldn't get bogged down arguing about WT doctrine.

One path I'd go down would be the WT's history on non-reporting of child abuse. The Australian Royal Commission is a real eye-opener.

Another path would be to say that the WT's claim of having 'the truth' is a very bold thing to declare, and such a claim deserves to be properly investigated, in the same way a person in court is cross-examined by a lawyer.

Or I suppose I could just show them the Bethel masturbation video, lol.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The evidence is their own doctrines which contains false prophesying, false teaching and false preaching involving the preaching work of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by " His " instructions which differs from the Watchtower Corporation's.

It isn't the holy spirit of god directing this organization, its the sprit of men who were endeavored toward their power, control and money.

The men who started this organization were very much fear mongering theologically false prophet charlatans, full of their own sin and corruption.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

T,D said " It's not possible to prove a negative. Burden of proof rests on the claimant. " I said something similar in an earlier Post, but I stress, do NOT waste your time disproving stuff, let them lay out their case, and demolish it.

A word of caution, in my early days, I did this , several times with one guy, and he kept coming back with more nonsense, until I said , " Look , hang on Bro, I demolished your earlier stuff, how much longer shall we go on before the penny drops with you ? " a bit rude perhaps, but it worked, sort of, he never came back. But they tend to do that, ignore the significance of what you have destroyed, and think if they can prove something else is true, that is you sorted, but NO ! the stuff that I have proved wrong, without going further, proves you thick JW's do NOT have the truth !

• minimus
    minimus

I understand the view that the Witnesses should themselves prove their beliefs as being correct.

Still, I think when you review all of their teachings that change whenever the light gets brighter, it’s a ball buster. They will say it’s ok. Since the light gets brighter and brighter the understanding can change. HOWEVER , IF YOU DISAGREED WITH THE TEACHINGS THAT YOU KNEW WERE WRONG and questioned the correctness of the belief, you were DISFELLOWSHIPPED OR DISASSOCIATED.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit