How many here were thrown outa the house @ a young age by jw parents?

by avishai 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Fire Dragon

I'm sorry. Upon rereading the wuestion I asked it sounded kinda harsh to me which was not the way I meant it at all. Hope you didn't take offense.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

It's cool dude. No hard feelings.

FD

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Lets see when I was 17.....my father gave me the choice...I could go to meetings or get out and work at my part time job.....

I left that night...then of coarse I was accused of being a runaway and was caught when I went to work

I stayed with my boss/good friend for the week after with parental permission and then forced to go back home.

Then there was the time that I came home late from my boyfriends and they locked me out and when I picked the lock (after banging on the door for 40 minutes unknowing that they were watching me the entire time) my father forcibly threatened to have me arrested for breaking and entering. Gotta love that tough love over a teen that even called to say she was going to be late

Glad things have changed since then. Glad Im stronger and they care less (or at least appear to) about me being a dub.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

What a thread this turned out to be!

I looked at the title and thought, well I've got nothing to add there, even though I was "pushed" out at 17, I thought this was just a way to get non-college educated kids to learn to take care of themselves. I had quit school at 15 (before 11th grade) and had already been pioneering for nearly two years. (I got my GED at 16.) My parents said I had to pay a couple hundred a month in rent or get out. But my job was only paying minimum wage and there were some months when I made more off books and magazine placements. I hardly ever contributed anything back. I got my magazines for a penny (pioneer rates) and placed 200 of them some months. ($180 in profit.) I was zealous, because I wanted a car.

But my brother had already been fed up with JW dysfunctional family life. (I never noticed we were dysfunctional until I was 22. I thought that getting strapped with belts, vacuum cleaner cords, and getting hairbrushes broken on our bottoms was quite normal.) Anyway, my brother had started a cleaning business a hundred miles away, so I moved in with him and he hired me for $10 an hour. He also did some distributing for the brother who started the "Rug Doctor" company.

So I never considered myself really hurt by being pushed out, I thought it was probably a blessing. But after reading this thread, I'm seeing a pattern of neglect I never realized was so common. My father should have taught me something he was good at: like electronics or mechanics. At least he should have offered; he was sure I wasn't going to college. (The first thing I corrected AFTER Bethel.) Pervasive Perversity! I'm appalled.

Thanks so much for this thread. I'm 44 and still learning about myself.

Gamaliel

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, I did'nt think this would get so many (similar) posts. It just goes to show me even more the way you are unnaturally taught to reject your own offspring, I mean, come on, protecting & raising your kids has to be one of our most basic drives! Thank god my mothers maternal instincts were stronger than her JW's, & fraankly, I'm thankful to the elders for being so abusive to her, do to them, I still have a mom, now very happily non-jw. But, she did kick me outta the house about once a week for about 2 yrs. there, from 16-18. She is so much saner now. Funny how that happens.

• LDH
    LDH

What a wonderful, wonderful thread.

There are some really strong survivors on this board! You guys are my heroes. I wanted to leave so many times (and not because I wanted to do anything wrong--it was just because I literally had no personal freedoms.) I wasn't even allowed to have a radio in my room. Do any of you guys know the Negrons from Silver Spring MD? They gave me a Sony alarm clock radio for my high school graduation and it was reposessed because my parents were sure I was listening to "music that debases."

Many many times I wanted to leave and go out on my own, but always I would beat myself up over it, thinking how unspiritual and worldly I was! The guilt trip those people put on you as a young person is incredible.

I wish someone would start a thread asking how many as kids were whipped?

I got it with belts, switches, hands, you name it. All the way through high school, too. I can't figure it out. I never did anything seriously wrong! I must have had a rebellious spirit.

Wow, you guys are my heroes. I wish I had been thrown out at 17 or so.

Lisa

• heyfea
    heyfea

I'm so sad to read these stories. Most of us out here are very strong. In my family there was one who should have been kicked out but he was not. HOW IRONIC!!!!!! THAT'S WHY I FREAKING HATE MY MOTHER.

I had a mother and a father, an older male sibling and my little sister. We were all in the org.My brother was evil to the core.He showed signs of hating the org. He even left it when he was a teenager. He wanted to do what he wanted. Did they kick him out? Nope! He molested me while growing up. Once he even tried to have sex with me. Thank God, naive and weak and all, I still had the courage to stand up to him and tell him NO!!!! I never told a soul about what he tried to do. I was really afraid of my brother. My parents never noticed anything unusual about his troubled behavior.....that's how stupid my parents were. But then I grew up and made my own way. One day, when my sister was about 18 yrs old, she confessed to me and my parents that my brother raped her when she was only five years old, the bastard was 17. Now, after my parents learned this horrible secret. Did they disowned him, report him, kick him out????? Take a wild guess???? NOPE!!!!!

Today, he's 40 something, still living in the same house with my mother, supposely a heavy duty JW. Now tell me about irony in life.

All of you who got kicked out were truly wonderfull human beings. God bless you.

May the bastard rot alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit