How many here were thrown outa the house @ a young age by jw parents?

by avishai 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avishai
  • Prisca
    Prisca

How young is "young"? I was 18, straight out of high school and unemployed when I got kicked out. I had to pick up my stuff from the garage, which was stuffed into garbage bags.

• avishai
    avishai

Young enough. ((((((Prisca))))))

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I was 16yrs old. Thrown out for having a lesbian relationship.

FD

• nowisee
    nowisee

someone i knew who was studying and engaged to a young jw brother, got thrown out by her catholic family. another jw family agreed to house her and she promptly fell in love with THEIR son. ended up marrying him. alls fair in love.....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow prisca ... me too .. lol .. (can ya laugh about it yet?)

18 was not much fun, unclebruce

==

edit: come to think of it i was thrown out at 14 but refused to go! lol

JW parents are such judgmental pricks (just ask my daughters

• Satanus
    Satanus

Me, at 16. I had a car, and i lived in it for a while. Family problems, and we were all dubs. My father was the top elder in the cong. No dubs offered aide of any sort.

SS

• dottie
    dottie

I was told at the age of 16 and a half that if I didn't like the rules and didn't follow the rules I could leave. I went over to a friends house to watch a movie...fell asleep missed curfew...and went home later that evening to find all my stuff packed and my mom said "you know what you were told now leave". I tried to plead my case but she would hear none of it and I was banished.

Dottie

• D8TA
    D8TA

WoW!

16 years old when I was thrown out myself, and I was still in Highschool! Same story, had a car and lived in it for 2 months before a counselor from my school notified a "christian" family who accepted me in to their home.

Put it this way, I was a 3.7 gpa student and never ever caused any grief for my home. Never got in trouble at school or outside of school. I worked 4 days a week at a fast food joint, and was involved with various school activities. I was a straight arrow good kid.

The family who took me in thought the situation ludricous and contacted my mother to varify my story...sure enough they were absolutely shocked that I was thrown out for attending a christian (Presbyterian) youth group.

This is a primary reason I show no sympathy for JW's and their whiney attitude about "religous persecution". In my mind, with my experience to this day, I laugh my ass off whenever I hear a story about their "troubles" in various nations. No tears here, what goes around comes around.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I was 18 when my dad kicked me out, he has the idea that when your 18 his job is done and your gone. To make matters worse he kicked me out 6 months after my mom died, my mother always said that I could stay as long as I like, well when she was gone nothing was in his way and the sucky excuse he used was that my romm wasn't kept clean enough. Of course the reason my room was so messy is that I was working full time and my car broke down so I was working on it every day for a week to grt it fixed. I even went to the elders with him to try and straighten out the whole thing and would you believe he had a note pad with all kinds of crap wriiten down so he could "cover" his bases! The elders were amazed at my fathers attitude and when my father stated that he looked at me as a friend and when I got older I would understand one of the elders put his hand on my knee and looked at my father and said "well if I were Louis I would be very hurt by that", my father didn't say anything. Whew! Sorry for the rant it just gets my blood boiling, after all these years I still don't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit