Cedars leaked letter requested to be taken down by WTBTS

by umbertoecho 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That is fantastic to hear.

This is called the Streisand Effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

By calling all of this attention to the issue the WTS publicizes it more than one could have ever hoped to do originally. Way to go WT!

My apologies to Cedars for being a bit skeptical of the original post.

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Their hysterical paranoia at their letters containing (for the majority of mankind) useless information is ridiculous.

I mean, come on, what was so earth shattering about the information that it has to treated like a spy letter from the cold war era or something.

Talk about the GB having delusions of grandeur.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fading Truth:

"Village Idiot, are you volunteering to reimburse Simon for all legal costs and time spent to fight something that has been leaked sufficiently across the Internet?"

I don't know what's involved in a counter notification but if it's a simple procedure that doesn't need any legal aid it should be done.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

If anyone wants a copy of it, just PM me.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I think Simon has complied with takedown requests in the past. Why ever wouldn't you? The information is out there, job done.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What would we think if Simon were issued such a notification? We would want him to fight it!

You can't fight the 800 pound gorilla that has free lawyers.

More important to have JWN and JWSurvey to continue on doing their work.

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I'm sure Simon and Cedars can fight their own battles - their own way.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah, I was just thinking the anxiety and paranoia the higher-ups must now have before releasing something. Because even before it's released to the CO's or anyone of that nature, it's already common knowledge to the general public it seems. Like I mentioned, I'm sure only a very discreet few had this information, prior to the leak. I'm sure there's a sense of sincere suspicion with the high, high end ones
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    The letter is very real and was acknowledged as such by an elder posting on jw talk who was going off on other posters who read it and other leaked documents ts saying that he is disappointed by the fact that a bethel it released this confidential letter as well as that other witnesses have read that and the documents provided to the ARC, such as the shepherd the flock book. It was quite an entertaining rant. But definitely confirmed the legitimate nature of the letter
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    He said that just because a letter or other publication is made available to the public doesn't mean witnesses should read it but should instead remain obedient to the wishes of mother not to read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit