Cedars leaked letter requested to be taken down by WTBTS

by umbertoecho 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cappytan
    cappytan
    DMCA is a courtesy notice instead of a lawsuit; It is like a cease and desist notice. I suppose that if a party claims they are injured because of what they believe is copyright infringement, they can a sue for damages. At the very least, it costs money to defend. If a party publishes private documents or copyrighted material, there is a risk of being sued. WT does not work like that, generally, because they usually are dealing with (df) JW, and WT ususally defends against (df)JW but does not want to initiate legal action against a JW, but they could if they wanted to. Other religious orders are very orthodox and they will come after anyone that violates their privacy. They will get you, and that is why nobody fools around with them. And when they do, they have been known to pay.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that by law, you MUST send a DMCA notice prior to initiating a lawsuit.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    No....What it should say is...." This letter will self-destruct within ten seconds of reading it to the congregation".
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Village Idiota day ago Are those letters copyrighted?

VI, the point is, that it was a brother that leaked the info, and he is the one responsible for getting the letters published. I doubt very much if WT would go after any JW regardless of what he did.

The site does not get to decide 'copyright,' and that is why the site decided to voluntarily take the letters down.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    If a corporation requests you take something leaked...........down. It validates the veracity of the leaked item. Just as within a week or so of the Guardian revealing the UN connection........the WTBTS was off the list as fast as it could get off. This is self-implicating behavior. Can you see this? I can.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

As far as I'm concerned, they're just trying to put toothpaste back into the tube.

Once something's on the net, it's out there forever.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Here';s the link to the letter if anyone else would like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7cw0nthghhvdh3/2015-10-04_New_Provisions-.pdf?dl=0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit