Beards - September 2016 Watchtower

by Listener 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

If men are not supposed to have beards then why did the Creator put facial hair on men?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Dress wearing bearded dude.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember bringing this point up with an elder. He gave the usual spiel about "community standards". I told him that the Sears catalogue had male models with beards.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I don't know of any culture or locality that does not generally accept men having beards

Watchtower culture of course.

and i am with JW leaks, I said the same thing to some friends earlier today, I think this is giving Prince a post mortem pass on facial hair since he is being lauded as a devout witness in the media and no one will say different.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm kinda surprised they didn't snark on 'hipsters' much like they did on metrosexuals.

Just take Tony Tightpant's script and change the words 'metrosexual' and 'tight pants' with 'hipster' and 'beard'.

• millie210
    millie210

Like some of you have suggested, it would appear they are taking heavy fire on this issue.

Enough that they had to address it in their usual confusing way.

When you are a group whose sole direction is to REact rather than act...well...you have to be vague until you see which way things are blowing!

• bohm
    bohm

Dear writing department,

we would like you to prepare an article which clearly layes out our position on beards. To summarize it, brother Tony would like to remark Beards are not for christians but only for "transvestites, drug users, mexicans and other perverts", brother Morris points out all jews had Beards and in fact is obligatory under the mosaic law and brother lett remarks it is not something the bible teaches a specific position on.

please state our position in simple terms suitable for instructing the Christian congregation in the coming decades and importantly with full scriptual support.

with Christian love,

the governing body.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Screw you WT Society!

Image result for charles taze russell
    Charles Taze Russell
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If Rutherfart couldn't grow one, no one could!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The scary thing about all this, is that I actually remember a few Elders wives who had beards.

Such hypocrites, with their double standards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit