Exotic Vacations: your favourite places on the globe

by RAYZORBLADE 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB
    Hey LB, we will be there the last week of June through the middle of July, then to the Chicago area for Makena's 30th High School reunion!!

Well shoot Sabine. I'm not sure we'll hold over til the end of June. We're scheduled to go back on the 16th. Oh well, could have been fun.

They had highschool 30 years ago???

• Valis
    Valis

Where did you go on your last vacation? Big Bend National Park, Texas

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? The Yucatan Peninsula

What place would you recommend to a single person? Isla Mujeres, Mexico ofrPlaya Del Carmen, mexico

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Northern California...Pacific Coastal Highway

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Hrmm....Disney World or Las Vegas eheh

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Um it gets strange wherever I go..*LOL*

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? Belize to see Palenque and the other Mayan ruins, probably in May

Sinceramente,

Cerveza Excesiva del Districto

• Makena1
    Makena1

Razor - thanks for posting this nice diversion!

Answers:

Where did you go on your last vacation? Las Vegas and Maui

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? Eleuthra, Bahamas

What place would you recommend to a single person? Cancun, Cozumel or Puerto Vallarta

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Maui

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Orlando

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Clothing optional beach(es) in Bahamas and Hawaii. You get used to it. LOL

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? Ft. Myers and Key West, FL - but are making plans for our 30th anniversary - Italy or several Caribbean islands.

Razor - we had a wonderful time in Eleuthra. Beautiful 2 bd house, right on the water for practically nothing. Our rental car was more expensive than the house. Swimming with manta rays, and exotic fish, boogie boarding and other activities at Club Med beach, wonderful food and nice people.

LB - Unfortunately our timetable for heading to Maui has been delayed. There is a small chance that one of us will be there in April, but May/June is looking very doubtful. Really, really bummed. Apostaluau is a great idea. If we don't see you and ShaunaC there this trip - next time for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha,

Mak

• Makena1
    Makena1

HA! Sabine was posting while I was typing my answers. Does that make us "one flesh"?

LB - yes they had high school 30 years ago. However, like you and many others here, I was never supposed to graduate before Armageddon came. Therefore, so the reunion is only an illusion.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Where did you go on your last vacation? Dallas,Texas,Hi folks.

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? St Petersburg when it was Leningrad

What place would you recommend to a single person? Somewhere where there are loads of the opposite sex and single

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Not the above

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Disneyland.

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? I love Canada too,I have friends in Nova Scotia (Antigonish),so for me its running over a skunk on the trans Canada highway eeewww,also being followed by the K G B when in Leningrad.

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)?Not sure yet,Im still paying for the last one.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Where did you go on your last vacation? Florida from Summefield (middle by Orlando) all the way down to Key West back up the east coast and on home.

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? I would say Key West, we have been to the Bahamas but love Key West

What place would you recommend to a single person? KEY WEST

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Colorado camping, Massachussetts in the fall, Utah anytime or Florida especially around Panama City or KEY WEST LOL

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Colorado was lovely with our kids or Orlando we had a friggin blast I can't wait to take our grandbaby to Florida and to Colorado and ...

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Oh always In Colorado we decided to go to Ruby Mountain and we get there and it is a sheer cliff to the top. So we start climbing, no gear, no experience (DUH) Thunder is ahead of me and has much longer arms, so I get 3/4 of the way up and I MEAN UP, I come to the point that Thunder can reach but Sheila can't I look down and our car is very,very tiny I start having an asthma attack LOL OH YEA finally I decide to move down and across. Finally I get another hand hold. Now if I had fallen I would have DIED we were probably 2500 feet in the air LOL OH YA can you say DUMB LOL So I finally make it to the top Thunder pulls me up. We walk around and find rocks and rubies and then we see this guy, he's startled and he says "How'd you get up here" we said "up the face" and he says "Why didn't you take the path up the back" LOL Yep there was a nice winding lil path down the back of the mountain LOL

In Key West we played dot to dot with the Key Lime pie places LOL and ate Lobster bisque at Mobster Lobster EVERY DAY Hmmm I was dancing at one of the open bars and got a guy punched in the face by his wife/girlfriend, I was dancing with Thunder so I guess the dude deserved it LOL We also went swimming and I swam to this sign that said MAN OF WAR breeding ground YES we walked on the water to the beach LOL
    In every place we go we have found people to be nice and very friendly (YO SIMON and that's the USA)

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? We are going back to Florida Orlando, Daytona, Key West and the Bahamas in May

an3.gif

• Seven
    Seven

Where did you go on your last vacation? Key West, Florida

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited?

Cairo, Egypt

What place would you recommend to a single person?

Cancun, Munich for Oktoberfest

What place would you recommend to a married couple?

Any place that the music is loud enough to drown out their arguing. Jamaica would work.

What place would you recommend to a family with children?

See above.

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels?

Too many to mention. All unbelievable so why bother. :)

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? Places to hit before I die-Tibet, Russia, and Hong Kong. Will go to Sweden, Ireland and back the Keys first.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Where did you go on your last vacation? Melbourne

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? Greek Islands

What place would you recommend to a single person? any Club Med or Contiki holiday

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Hayman Island, Witsundays, Qld

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Long Island, Witsundays, Qld

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Stayed in a local brothel in Novrogod, Russia (we didn't know it at the time, it was organised by the Russian Tourist bureau)

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? Don't have any plans at this stage, but I would like to go somewhere near a beach, or somewhere with lots of natural beauty

• mustang
    mustang

Where did you go on your last vacation? All over: Singapore & Shanghai, but the itinerary included LA, Tokyo, Honolulu.

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? Huangshan Mountains; about 500 miles from Shanghai. We went by car through the Chinese "interior". That is where "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"(??) was filmed.

What place would you recommend to a single person? China can be interesting...

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Singapore is beautiful (but small..)

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Disney World, over Disney Land.

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Several Chinese funerals in Sing; on the back to Shanghai we had car trouble and were stranded on a Mao era farm for a few hours. I had to explain in broken Mandarin that I was OK to a Chinese cop. While his broken English was better than my broken Mandarin, he didn't understand until I said it in Chinese!!!

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? Back to Singapore; hope to bring Dragon Lady back with me this time. But, she may make me stay :)

Mustang

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    What place would you recommend to a married couple? Any place that the music is loud enough to drown out their arguing. Jamaica would work.

Seven: Argue??? Thunder and I hardly EVER argue and NEVER on vacation, in fact we talk and laugh and joke with ourselves and others. We have met some of the coolest people on vacation and for me who has trust issues I love meeting people especially older couples. I get way to attached, they die and I am devastated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit