Exotic Vacations: your favourite places on the globe

by RAYZORBLADE 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Favourite place: has to be the United Kingdom. England was wonderful. Just to see the British Museum, or go walking through Hampton Court or the Tower of London was so much fun. Then we took the train up to Scotland and we found an empty train car and did some serious snugglebunnies. Fortunately we had just (and I mean JUST) finished when someone walked in. Edinburgh was fantastic, we got to see Holyrood House and then went up to Inverness (didn't see Nessie though), but it was great.

I've only been there three times, but I'd love to go again.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Sabine, I think I hit a 'Homer Simpson' when I posted that re: best place if you're single.

After I read most of the vacation replies here, it dawned on me: single = fun times and more.

I guess I was thinking, if you are by yourself, Eleuthra is just so unique, and not as touristy as Nassau. The thing I got a kick out of Eleuthra is, in some places it's less than a km. wide.

It's a calm, quiet and beautiful place. It's a place where the day seems 25 hours long.

Oh...by the way everyone: THANK YOU for your responses.

It was certainly positive and upbeat, thank you for participating. Don't stop adding to this thread. Even SheilaM posted, and it didn't end .

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

You haven't lived until you have shopped in the plaka in Athens, Greece...And gotten lost while doing it!!!

Second choice: Mazatlan, Mexico

Next I want to visit the Maccu Picchu ruins.

ESTEE

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

VENICE. (ITALY)

VENICE.

VENICE.

OH, AND VENICE TOO.

FIJI FOR HEAT.

• blackout
    blackout

Prisca, You should come stay with me, I have a beach near by and am definitely a natural beauty..... That IS what you meant?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Where did you go on your last vacation? Skiing at Mt.Perisher

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? Mount Hagen (Papua/New Guinea)

What place would you recommend to a single person? Bethel

What place would you recommend to a married couple? After Bethel - Tathra Pizza (best pizza in Aust and tables overlooking the ocean

What place would you recommend to a family with children? Bithry Inlet (great rainforest beach, free bbq's and no people <---me wiv wife and tin lids)

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Please define strange RazorB? (everywhere i go it's weird lol)

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? When life's a vacation, where does one go?

unclebruce

===

AAAAA BIG HOUSE BILONG FOREST (just five miles north of Cow Poo Corner .. follow your nose)

Pamper yourself .. stay in Uncle Bruces luxury holiday Cottages. Have every whim catered for in his well appointed and exotically decorated bath tub. Relax with the surf thumping in the distance and Uncle Bruce personally pummeling your aches and pains away. Minutes from the Saphine Coast, hours away from a Kingdom Hall .. what more could you want? Reasonable prices? How does $200/night/person sound? So for a weekend of corny jokes and food in bad taste; don't forget to remmember; "UncleBruce gives a continental" (breakfast)

Book to avoid disfellowshipment: 66 666 666 (cash only - barrel head provided)

*kids not welcome. dogs and cats shot on sight

• gumby
    gumby

First off I would like to say that Uncle Bruce is a crazy bastard and needs help! ......he shoots little animals, and I don't like him anymore!

I would pick Maui.... for all of the above. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and is a perfect example of what the dubs picture as paradise........except without them being there.

I like their culture too.

Mexico from puerto Vallarta on up, would be a good second choice for the single ones.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

second off i'd like to say that i haven't shot any ferals yet (but if i see a fox after my feathertail gliders!!!)

unc who cares for native wildlife

see ya in hell gumby

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

My African Safari was the most exotic place I've ever been to.

The Masai Mara Game Park in Kenya

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania

Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania

• nixi
    nixi

Where did you go on your last vacation? Skiing in Italy (Dolomites), but that doesn't count .... so: Thailand in October

Where is the most Exotic place you have visited? Maldives / Thailand, can't decide

What place would you recommend to a single person? Ibiza

What place would you recommend to a married couple? Maldives or any other really small, tropical island

What place would you recommend to a family with children? don't know, but I'd propably go to Spain, Greece or Italy

Have any of you experience strange or unusual events during your travels? Lots. Some good, some bad.

Where is the next place you are going to go to (vacation)? We planned a trip to Egypt in May/June - but we'll see, what's left, when this damned war is over

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit