Getting disfellowshipped to marry and return

by confused 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I knew a convoluted version of this scenario where a married sister had an affair with a married brother and both were disfellowshipped. Both got divorced and later got reinstated separately. But soon after both got reinstated they got married to one another. (I guess the other spouses must have moved on too, for this to be allowed) For some reason it was very important that they insisted they did not plan to get married after being reinstated, but it just “turned out that way”. I’m not sure why that was deemed so important, but it seems it was very important that it wasn’t “premeditated”, to the point that many voiced the opinion that if the marriage was “premeditated” that they would likely die at Armageddon. I didn’t fully understand the issues involved here, since they presumably could have got married while they were disfellowshipped. But it was considered especially egregious, for some reason, that they should be reinstated separately and later decide to marry.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSED:

Getting disfellowshipped and coming back with a new mate seems to be the way to go with Witnesses.

I saw several instances of this.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Carlyle, IL. Big scandal. Elder and pioneer sister did the deed IN THE KH. Known throughout the circuit.

Wouldn't want to clean the carpet THAT weekend...just saying.

They married, got reinstated, rubbed it in everyones face as if no big deal.

No idea what ever happened to them. I was only there a few months as an MTS grad back in 02.

Snakes

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Snakes...ha ha. I had heard that before. Urban myth maybe ? But sounds good..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Snakes InTheTower - "...They married, got reinstated, rubbed it in everyone's face as if no big deal."

There's just something about authoritarian high-control religions that bring out the asshole in people.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

The problem is that you can't just get a Divorce due to irreconcilable differences. (According to JW Rules)

So to be honest most people do not go looking for another person unless they are terribly unhappy at home.

Instead of doing the proper thing and pursuing a legal divorce and then going on to another relationship in the future, the JW world calls you an Adulterer regardless of the legal divorce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit