Scary Experience

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Something weird and scary happened to us last nihgt. We had a few friends over for the weekend. We love to go hiking and long walks wherever and whenever we can. So as Usual around 11pm we decided to go for a walk in a country park 7 minutes from us (although main gates are closed at 7pm, other open paths are there for access.). As we were nearing one of the accesses, we notice a car passing us slowly,(this is all realization after the incident).We go through and it is a cloudy and windy night so more dark than moonlighted.Most of the area is woods, huge trees, with specific pathways leading you towards the centre of the park and round it.But in the night it looks kinda spooky. Anyways, we are just enjoying our walk,gone past midnight, we hear some rustling every now and again.Thought nothing of it. Kept on for some more and decided to sit somehwere and chill.

We choose a spot which is kinda like a hole underneath the trees and shrubs and bushes as a huge branch had fallen and drying, which made a pefect spot to sit on and chat.(I have been here and done this many times so I knew).

After just 15 minutes or so we heard some whispers and rustling.Suddenly we all went quiet(5 of us,3 females,2 males). It was just odd. Then we saw two largely build,stocky men walkign along (we were well hidden coz of the hole which we did not realize before) as if looking for someon or something. We thought possibly walkers like us but they were acting weirdly. Lokking back and forth as if searchign at the same time watching for god knows what.Suddenly one of my friends says look at their hands.I nearly fainted, they both had some kind of large knife.Immediately we all stopped breathing,like this is life or death,they are looking for us.

We all just lay low and quiet did not move or breath, not knowing what to do. They made atleast three full rounds of the park or semi park looking fo rus . Once when they were passing us one of them said "f### it, missed them,lets go back".

All os us just stayed there for fear till daybreak, freezing cold and tired but dare not move in case they were still around.

Narrow escape, We dont know why they were looking for us but looking at the knife not something nice.

Sworn off parks and woods and hiking I suppose for a long time.

Teeth Chattering while writing.
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

You are all very, very, very lucky. When I was younger I remember mid-night walks also but never anything like that. Mostly just deer and once a camp host told us to go back to our camp site. This is a very dangerous world we live in sometimes. Glad you are all safe. Happy Hoilday and take care. Still Totally ADD

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Why the heck are you walking in a country park at 11pm? Are you crazy? Think you're safe because there's five of you and two men? Oh God please be careful. There are some very dangerous people around.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Wow! I hope you reported this to the police. Looks like you've got homicidal psychopaths in your area who need to be caught very soon. I wish you many enjoyable walks with your friends in the future - before "dark o'clock."

On a lighter note, here's something I received recently from a JW:

I was walking home last night and decided to take a short-cut through the cemetery. Three girls walked up to me and explained that they were scared to walk past the cemetery at night, so I agreed to let them walk along with me. I told them, "I know how you feel - I used to get freaked out too when I was alive."

Never seen anyone run so fast!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Please don't do that again. There are some very bad people out there and putting yourself in a vulnerable position like that is dangerous. I know it's horrible that we don't have the freedom to do such things like go for midnight walks but you have to be so very careful. I always tell my children be aware of your surroundings always. The car passing you slowly? I am so glad you are all okay. I dread to think what their intentions were.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Safety first. I can imagine the attraction of a moon lit night with some nice girls and a beautiful park. As you know, its the most dangerous animal, human, you must use caution with. Its on the beaten path you are least likely to be beaten. Stick with the light and well patrolled areas otherwise. Stay safe.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

On a lighter note, here's something I received recently from a JW:

I was walking home last night and decided to take a short-cut through the cemetery. Three girls walked up to me and explained that they were scared to walk past the cemetery at night, so I agreed to let them walk along with me. I told them, "I know how you feel - I used to get freaked out too when I was alive."

Ok, this weird... I heard the exact same story from an elderly sister in the KH I grew up in. That being the case it's probably an urban myth.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I would report that to the police, as they may have had other incidents.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you all for your tips ,concern and FALL GUY for the lighter note joke. lifted our spirits up.

We have contacted the police . Couldnt give much of a description of the guys as could not see much clearly and we stayed put hidden.

We did not leave the house at all today, we are all jumpy. Hope to feel better soon..

Ordered defence spray for us all.

Peace

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Wow! Not really surprised, though. I don't blame you for being afraid, it's frightening out in the world. You don't want to think something horrible was happening, but you can't help it, something horrible probably was happening. I love to walk on a moonlit night, it's so beautiful and peaceful, but I have a flashlight, and my dogs with me, so I don't worry too much. But, I always look behind me, to make sure no one is there. My husband sometimes follows me in the car (lol)...he worries, but I always carry the phone with me in case I have to call him. Anyway, take care, and I am glad you are ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit