Scary Experience

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think I'd have called the Police on my cell phone and whispered my location to them once the would be criminals were out of sight.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think you should have had your legally owned and carried firearm with you.

You could have demonstrated the error of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm with DesirousOfChange on this; the only way to be safe in a situation like you encountered is to be sure that YOU are the most dangerous thing out there. If you aren't willing to do that perhaps a bracing tournament of checkers is your speed.

I would urge you to read up on the Zodiac killer if you are able to do so without fainting.

Another thought springs to mind: maybe those two guys were more frightened than you were; you could have called out loudly

"We are over here and we are totally unarmed! We are three women and two frightened old men! We mean you no harm! Have a good evening! Enjoy your nocturnal pursuits! Say,those are some nice knives you're carrying - will you show them to us?"

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you Nathan Natas, brought a smile on our faces. We are only just getting over it. Will muster up courage to read Zodiac killer n a group setting.

We are just mulling over worst case scenarios here and thinking of how to safeguard ourselves in the future.Precautions always better than a cure.

Peace.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

UPDATE ON THIS:

Just been to the Police station with my friends where we were asked individually to identify aknife. It looks identical to the one we saw. Apparently two bodies have been found in the park yesterday, stabbed and cut s to the bodies.someone stumbled upon them while walking or jogging. Everyhting is hush hush at the moment.

We all are just glad we escaped but feel sorry for whoever got cauhgt out. Not evn sure if it is related. Police do not want to say anything to us.Still jumpy and scared.

Just thought you might wanna know.

Peace.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's tragic! Stay safe, be sensible about lonely places after dark!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Just out of curiosity, ZindagiNaMilegiDobarra, what country are you in? This is horrifying.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Sorry Cadelin, cant tell you that coz of lurkers and my posts could reveal my identity.

Peace

• LV101
    LV101

Oh my - beyond scary, Z! I can't believe what you escaped - horrifying and I was out of town reading your topic in the wee hrs of the early AM or very late at night. Good thing you knew the lay of the land to hide and conceal yourself and friends. This sounds like a horror movie.

My husband and I were strolling along at the shops/stores at the beach the day after I read your topic and pretty sure we were being followed by someone. We'd walked out of a nice jewelry store and having noticed/followed by strangers/weirdos looking for someone to rob in this same area previously I'm cautious (especially if by myself) and I turned around and a tall caucasian dude was right on our heels - I was so startled I yelled my husband's name out and think I startled the stranger and he backed up and glared at me -- my husband grabbed my arm and I turned and he disappeared - must have popped into a shop. What's really strange is this is a high end area and many tourists and couples who reside in the area walk around. It's so scary because we walk blocks to restaurants and back to our place in the dark -- won't be doing that anymore -- I tried to think the other close incidents were just younger (to middle age creeps) dope heads looking for a handbag to grab but I don't know what precautions to take to be safe -- other than drive everywhere and carry mace. My husband was carrying my backpack and I had a crossbody handbag - not good to have anything on your person.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZINDAG:

Even though you don’t want to reveal the country this took place, my guess is that it’s probably in the West. Maybe the US or Canada? You sound like a Westerner.

It is a terrible story and a testament to how degraded people have become. There have always been sadistic people around and even in centuries past a wooded area would be unsafe, especially for a woman. But, the fact that several people (including men) are not safe tells me these people were hell bent. With all the garbage entertainment and games, etc. somebody was wanting to act out sick fantasies and impulses!

I would never go off the beaten track and especially at night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit