A Man Of His Word.

by Englishman 30 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

englishman,

i have to strongly disagree with y couple of things you said.

a) britain did not give up the colonies voluntarily but because they were forced out!

b) britain left many states in chaos. they also set up borders i a way that would cause future wars. (DIVIDE ET IMPERA)

c) ask the people of india how they view the british rulership. you won't find many that bless the british for what they did.

d) countries simply had to keep their ties with britain since 100% of their exports went to britain!

so all in all to say british colonialism was OK is just WEIRD!

you dust off the countless human rights violations commited in the name of the british empire as if they were nothing.

one cannot have such a history and bless churchill while at the same time critisize hitler for trying to occupy poland or hussein for trying to occupy kuwait.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    a) britain did not give up the colonies voluntarily but because they were forced out!

OK, how many can you name between 1776 (America) and 1948 (India)?

b) britain left many states in chaos. they also set up borders i a way that would cause future wars. (DIVIDE ET IMPERA)

You gotta name 'em!

c) ask the people of india how they view the british rulership. you won't find many that bless the british for what they did.

You are joking! England is full of Indian restaurants. And Indians. And Pakistani's. They want nothing more than UK citizenship.

d) countries simply had to keep their ties with britain since 100% of their exports went to britain!

Ah! So we did leave them with a means of producing goods.

you dust off the countless human rights violations commited in the name of the british empire as if they were nothing.

Where did I do that?

one cannot have such a history and bless churchill while at the same time critisize hitler for trying to occupy poland or hussein for trying to occupy kuwait

You still haven't stated anything specific that can be answered yeah or nay.

Englishman. Non-offended class.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Oh horrors...condemned by the Ernst Zundel of jw.com......

Expatbrit

• Simon
    Simon

Re: the India thing ... many recognise that the British Raj set india up (although their economy / growth has faltered just recently).

Prior to that the wealth was concentrated on a small few who did not invest or build up things at all. Britain organised it and made it a powerhouse. They did bad things along the way but ulltimately brought a lot of order and precedure (what we're best at) which is what was needed.

They largely handed over big chunks of the empire to domestic rule and dismantled the empire in an incredibly organised way. Perhaps that is why we still have the friendly vestages of it in the commonwealth with not too much bad feeling (apart from the countries which 'demanded' it when of course we dug our heels in and made them fight)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

India, always makes me think of Curry, Mmmm good curry.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

TH:

All you do when cornered is turn into an idiot. What a piece of work you are.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

TH:

All you do when cornered is turn into an idiot. What a piece of work you are.

I'm an idiot because I like Curry? Simon, E-man, I guess we're all idiots now.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I love curry!!!!!!! Is there something politically incorrect about curry.

Cut it out, guys!! This isn't nice.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Cut what out? I just said I liked curry , I didn't make a political statement, unless being a curry lover, is now political, but I think it's interesting, I am able to have that much control over someone, to get a reaction about something I say about some food.

• LB
    LB

I respect Blair for standing up when it looked like he'd be run out of England. If he truely were just a politician he wouldn't have done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit