A Man Of His Word.

by Englishman 30 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman

Reuters news agency states that Tony Blair has, at last, obtained a marginal majority in the percentage of Brits who are behind the war on Iraq. 56% of UK citizens now support the war and the numbers are increasing steadily despite the number of British casualties.

At present, the Brits in Iraq total forty thousand, almost a third of the entire UK Army.

It's a strange thing, but I saw this moment coming 18 months ago. It wasn't on 9 / 11 when the NYTC was bombed, but on the following day. This was that incredible time when the UK made it's support for the US known by that poignant few minutes outside of Buckingham Palace. See the video here:http://www.yolo.net/wpd/ssb.html

I take my hat off to Tony Blair who has had the courage of his convictions to stand by his word against massive opposition. A Churchill he definitely is not, but I think he is certainly a man of his word.

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I think he is certainly a man of his word

And I think he is a politician.

• Realist
    Realist

hmmmm.....there are alternative, less noble reasons, why blair still stands behind the criminal from the white house.

interestingly support for a war and the head of state always increases after the fighting starts.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Thank you , that was cool

I could have sworn I saw WildTurkey in that video..LOL!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

No, he's not a Churchill. But like Churchill, he's stood firm against the Chamberlains that surrounded him. For that, I too doff my cap.

Expatbrit

• Realist
    Realist

question...what exactly was so great about churchill? that he ruined the british empire or that the sold the polish - for which the UK had officially entered the war - to stalin?

• Englishman
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

A man's word is a very important thing in my book. I was raised to believe that, and I still do. I've always liked Mr. Blair, and believe him to be exactly what he portrays, a sensible, kind and loyal person.

• Realist
    Realist
    The master statesman stood alone against fascism and renewed the world's faith in the superiority of democracy

LOL LOL LOL

i guess thats why he sold poland and the rest of eastern europe to stalin.

these bad bad fasicts wanted to occupy a foreign country...something the UK would of course never do (except for occupying half the world of course!)

ask the indians how they feel about british democracy!

its all BS squared!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I agree 1000% Leaders like Blair are few and far between.

Un realist:

More false statements? With no proof? Your comments should be criminal. Bush has more moral worth in his left hand than you do in your whole body.

Blair and Bush are leaders that have the courage to stand up against the this tyrant Devil. Unlike you, they will not support Hell on earth.

God Save the Queen and God Bless America!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit