A Man Of His Word.

by Englishman 30 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

Englishman,

britain (just like france) simply didn't have the power left after WWII to maintain the colonies. they were not forced out by armies but by constant resistance in india, the arab world, palestine, south africa etc. in that way they did a better job than france (who faught and were thrown out by war).

most african states, iraq and kuwait as prime example, india etc. were left with borders that caused constant conflict. do you think the borders of the african states (straight lines for thousands of kilometers) were drawn according to nationalities and tribal roots?

You are joking! England is full of Indian restaurants. And Indians. And Pakistani's. They want nothing more than UK citizenship.

that people tried to escape the nightmare of india is hardly evidence that they liked british rulership.

people came from yugoslavia to germany in order to find work there...that doesn'T mean they particularly like the germans.

Ah! So we did leave them with a means of producing goods.

yes britain left them with the means to produce what was required by the british empire...which was not necessarily useful to the respective country.

You still haven't stated anything specific that can be answered yeah or nay.

i would say occupying other countries is specific enough. as far as i know there was no territory that became a british colony voluntarily. in general the territories were occupied by force.

do you really think a statesman who rules an empire that has occupied half the world (with terrible attrocities associated - aborigines, indians, china, slavery, boers, etc.pp) has the moral right to protest the occupation of poland?

simon,

Prior to that the wealth was concentrated on a small few who did not invest or build up things at all

you mean in contrast to during the occupation and afterwards?

which is what was needed.

for the empire...not the local people.

dismantled the empire in an incredibly organised way

increadible organized? i don't know about that. how would you leave it in a less organized way?

just to make that clear...all countries including my own have many skeletons in the cellar...i just think it is wrong to portray churchill in such a glamurous light and condem the others for what they did.

extrabit,

i am impressed that you know about zuendel. what exactly did you read about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit