Marriage Proposal in the Kingdom Hall

by Listener 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Just when you think you've seen it all comes another interesting use of a Kingdom Hall.

A young man serenades his girlfriend with a song (possibly a Watchtower song) from the stage through a microphone and backed by recorded music. Then he steps off the stage and gets down on one knee and proposes as he pulls out a ring from his coat pocket. The large projector screen flashes up behind them with a picture of a sapphire and diamond ring.

Cameras capture the joyous moment as she accepts and they lock together in a loving hug. Family and friends then proceed to congratulate the couple as they begin to play some beautiful classical music.

I doubt it's going to stay up for very long on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_VCog4-oA

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

If the CO gets wind of this every elder and MS involved in this will be reprimanded and possibly demoted.

Watchtower rules officially don't even allow for social coffee in the KH after the meeting.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Big Kingdom Hall.

If it was a surprise, what did she think the meeting was for? Field service? I bet they were glad to get out of that as much as anything. Unless they went on the ministry straight after.

The singing is pretty awful. Of course it's a kingdom song. Definitely in the old song book, I don't know if it made it into the new song book.

What language are they speaking?

They look quite happy anyway.

Maybe people will get in trouble for this, or maybe not. Maybe they are lightening up. If elders do get removed over this it might make an interesting news story. Nothing like the glare of publicity to highlight absurd JW practices.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sweet. Hope they are happy together.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Well, if the Glorious Ones (G.B.) could get away with sanctioning and orchestrating the "Happy" video at the World HQ, then this is trivial in comparison!

If anyone is punished for this, it should open their eyes to the hypocrisy of the Pharisees in Warwick. Here's hoping.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Nicely done I hope all the best for them in their future.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That was rarther charming.

Did you notice the boy got a ring too?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Absolutely cringeworthy!

Yet another (far too) young couple having their happy time interfered with by JW stuff!

It is almost incestuous to have this all centered around a Kingdom Hall, with kingdom music and a room full of people!

A marriage is between the two people, NOT for all these external things to interfere with them.

The more I think of that scripture about a 3fold chord, the more I realise how distorted it is, and how much it messes with the bond between a husband and wife.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Since the couple was dressed modestly and brother wasn't in tight pants they might us it on JW broadcasting lol

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yep Diogenesister I noticed the ring exchange too! I think they may have gotten married! Plus, They played the regular wedding bells music afterwards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit