Will YOU Ever Leave The Watchtower Org.?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There is usually a metamorphosis that takes place for a person to leave the Jehovah's Witness religion. Most people do not just up and go simply because they realize this could not be the truth. It often takes time.

For those that go to meetings or engage in the ministry, will you forever continue doing these things, knowing that it is all BS? Is there a point where you will ever simply leave the organization?

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

If everyone who wanted to leave did ie most of those on this site and many others it would be mutiny by numbers and the whole thing would probably collapse. If this happened shunning would go out the window

I do struggle with understanding how and why anyone wouldremain in something they are so clearly against why live a lie I couldn't that's why I left 30 yrs back and having regretted a day or it.

Be brave you owe it to yourself to be true to your heart.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

For those that go to meetings or engage in the ministry, will you forever continue doing these things, knowing that it is all BS? Is there a point where you will ever simply leave the organization?

Yes, but for some reason people tend to emphasize the relationship with that organization as if that's the most important thing. It is about relationships with loved ones and many times the lack of relationship with anyone outside that organization (particularly the case with born-ins).

If you look closer, many people continue going and having some connection with that group because of family, loved ones, or because there's something or someone that makes it in their best interest. Hence, the concept of PIMO.

Something else, how can I talk about my first 23 years of life without mentioning that organization? The influence of the WT is ever present in my life because it influenced both the way my parents raised me and me directly. That cannot be erased.

The WT organization is a high demand, controlling cult. That is the reason why people have to continue various degrees of connection with them.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Me, personally? I hate hypocrisy, I hate liars, and even "when in" I would speak out against it quite openly, whether it be at a Kingdom Hall build, at a District assembly where they covered all the mirrors, or when they wouldn't feed the brothers doing concrete unless they came "to the table" (let the concrete go to hell) or even when they started to change "the genetation"/20th century thing, I called "The Society"

I always thought the TRUTH allowed you to say the TRUTH.

I was mad in 2011, after reading the WTs on 607 BCE, doing the math, reading that there WASN'T just ONE OR TWO stinking tablets " there is a writtten record of business tablets in Babylon FOR EVERY DAY! No "oops, we cant tell which year that King ruled"......

That means they know 1914, and then 1919 are bogus dates!

That did it.. they lied, they knew it, they used my life. I was done. I cried.

I am so glad to be out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That did it.. they lied, they knew it, they used my life. I was done. I cried. I am so glad to be out. ~ Cha Ching

Ditto.

And A LOT of people there "at the top" KNOW they are perpetuating this lie, and doing so to the detriment of many innocent people's lives.

If there ever was a hell, they'd deserve to go there! Unfortunately, they'll just prosper in their easy, cushy lifestyle where their minions kiss their rings asses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CHA CHING:

You brought back memories about the covering of mirrors in the ladies rooms at the district convention. Spiteful bastards!

All this did was make me spend more time in the bathroom stall. I hung the bag by its strap and took out my mirror and brushed my hair and touched up my makeup. These idiots didn't defeat me from doing what I had to do.

Like you, I am so glad to be out and away from this religion and its high control.

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

I totally agree with what you said about those who knowingly perpetuate a lie. And only THEY know what is truly in their hearts! Many have been damaged by their teachings.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I don't ever remember the mirrors being covered in the women's restroom at the convention I went to but then again I never went into a women's bathroom lol. Why did they cover the mirrors? Sounds weird.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Many are victims of their own hope, so they hang on, hoping that somehow things will change.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ARE YOU SERIOUS:

They did this years ago at the district conventions. I'm assuming it was to keep the bathroom from being crowded with women standing in front of the mirror preening and talking with friends, etc.

While I can understand this to some degree, I still felt it was cruel. So, I dealt with their inconsiderate actions by brushing hair, etc. in the stall.

I am a seventeen-year "fader" and haven't been to a convention in years and don't know if they still do this. But, if they do - I don't have to deal with this or any other ways they try to CONTROL people.

Another example of control: they left out page numbers in one of their books years ago. Did they run out of ink? Nope. They thought they were going to compel people to "study" and know what chapter they were in. So, I just dog-eared the book.🙄

• flipper
    flipper

To play off of what Pete just said, many of these JW's who still attend aren't only victims of their " own hope " - but they are victims in the sense that they don't even realize that what they are being taught is all BS ! The " paradise' , " living forever " , " no more death, sickness " - is all a bunch of lies taught by the WT Society to these people - lies that the ( WT leaders ) can NEVER deliver on to JW people !

But WT leaders TEACH and PROMOTE these lies in order to keep JW's under control. And threaten them with - " you'll fall into Satan's grasp if you leave our Jehovah's Witness organization and be destroyed at ' Armageddon ' " - so through FEAR and GUILT JW's are kept enslaved because they think if they leave that their life is over. Rank & file JW's are in a Stockholm Syndrome situation whereby they are indoctrinated to make excuses for the evil WT bastards who are running their lives. They are enslaved , yet taught to love their slaveholders ! And taught to make excuses for any wrongdoing, criminal or unethical conduct on the part of governing body members and taught to trust and support faulty child abuse policies . So with THAT kind of pressure put on JW's - is it any wonder that they wilt like flowers in the sun as their minds are totally gone- manipulated through cult mind control ? Only the honest and justice loving JW's who suffer bad treatment themselves will be courageous enough to rip the band aid off and say - " enough is enough , I'm out of here " and leave. I hope more do so for sure as time goes on. One reason I stay on this board to be here for them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit