Some thoughts on the message of doom

by JeffT 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The irony is palpable.''

Big-time. And, the hypocrisy is off the chart.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

JeffT all I can say is when it comes to the wt. cult thinking on being doomed is (damn if you do and damn it you don't). Lol. Still Totally ADD

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I was about start a thread on this exact topic and thought I'd better check first to see if it has been covered.(It has) :).

I was thinking if they ever pull the trigger on this, there is no going back, although a lot of JW's would preach this for decades if they were required to do so.

The comments by Stephen Lett concerning 'the last of the last of the last days' havent aged well, considering he was trying to capitialise on the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, however, in the meantime, things have pretty much returned to normal.

If there was a particularly tense moment in world history and they declared a message of doom, how long will it be before even the most hardcore JW's see through it once things return to normal?

This threat is kind of like an ace up the sleeve of the GB.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

“This GOOD NEWS of the kingdom” is not a message of doom. Just like Noah entered the Ark, they took no note.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Fisherman 3 hours ago

“This GOOD NEWS of the kingdom” is not a message of doom. Just like Noah entered the Ark, they took no note.

It's a message of doom for 99.89% of the human family. Tell me Fish man, when you are going from door to door do you and you buddies discuss which homes you would like to move into one these wicked people are destroyed by our loving god?? I hope that one day you snap out of it and wake up.

RB

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

you and you buddies discuss which homes you would like to move into

Never. The angels direct to which homes people might respond. The work is done after prayer. The desire is to somehow help people and give them hope for something better and to draw them to God. The greatest joy is to help people even in the least. Like hoping your son will listen to you instead of being in danger. That is what it’s about. Who wants to deliver a message of doom to someone you want to help?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Fisherman, please elaborate your concept of the angels directing you to the homes of people who might respond. Do you perceive yourself as getting a mental impression from angels to go to specific homes, instead of all of the ones that were allotted to you in field service (such as those on side of the street) pertaining to the territory card ?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: In my prior post, by "... those on side of the street ..." I meant "... those on one side of the street ...".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do you perceive yourself as getting a mental impression from angels to go to specific homes,

No. The point is trust in divine backing. Which JW teach and also angelic direction. In reply to personal sneering and desire of the houses of others.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/01/02/Reagan-Gorbachev-declare-1986-year-of-peace/1717505026000/ 37 years ago the kings of the north and south declared P and S, yet some have moved on. As it was , this was just a lot of expensive hot air by politicians trying to be relevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit