These days it not really that hard being a witness.

by I believe in overlapping 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

If you are a true believer, then you are toast. Because you will be a slave to everything the Watchtower, Circuit overseers, elders, pioneers, IMPLY.

Believe me, there are not many TRUE BELIEVERS anymore, and the majority of them are OLD.

But for a lot of us young people who got baptized to early and now we realize we don’t want to make the Watchtower our life, there really isn’t much that the organization demands or can do that will interfere with our chances of making a good life for ourselves.

For one thing, it really isn’t as dangerous as it was during the time my parents were young when you couldn’t take any blood whatsoever---not even a tiny drop of a fraction.

Now days you can actually take blood, as long as you call it fractions. I’ve have plenty of friends and their parents, who had to go to the hospital for some emergency, and the jw parents immediately tell the doctor and hospital staff that their son or daughter will take blood—as long as it’s fractions.

Usually the doctor says something like; “What do you mean fractions?” And the parents recite what is posted on the jw website which is all white cell fractions, all platelet fractions, hemin, hemoglobin Albumin, clotting factors, Fibrinogen, immunoglobulins and (whatever other fraction you can think of Doc. That can help my child)

The doctor usually will ask something like, “So blood is OK?” and the parents will say something like, “Just like we said doc, do what you need to do to keep our child save.” It’s usually vague because these days it’s very vague what blood fractions you can’t take. In fact nothing is in print regarding what blood fractions are forbidden. So it’s a conscience matter as long as you don’t get the blood liaison or other jws involved.

And this is very important; you never invite the blood liaison or tell any of the jw friends. And if they find out, make sure the hospital staff understands that no visitors are allowed. You can figure out a hundred ways to explain why no visitors are allowed at the moment.The hospital won't reveal anything to anyone not privileged.

Field service is a joke now. There are so many things you can do. Tag up with someone that does cart witnessing and is known for setting up the cart and going to the coffee shop to catch-up on his phone for a couple of hours. Or tag up with someone who does one RV and then does the “Old getaway act”

(I’m not feeling good, can I leave you at your car, or do you mind if we have breakfast and call it a day, I’ve got something important that came up)

Don’t join the School------What school---LOL!

Going to college is not a problem anymore. Just go. Usually it’s the old jws that get on your case for going to college, but if one of them approaches you and starts blabbing away and you get tired of it, just excuse yourself and tell him you have to go to the bathroom and by the time you come out he probably already forgot your name.

If you rarely go in service, don’t volunteer for anything, rarely go to the meetings, no one is going to give a hoot what you do with your life. Actually slowly but surely it is becoming the norm for young people to just start off at a community college, when they ask what are you studying; (tell them you are taking your basics and thinking of becoming a plumber for the new order) and the conversation usually stops. Then finish your work load and finish off at a University if that’s what you are pursuing.

This is important, if you are in a congregation with a bunch of old school idiot elders-----MOVE to another hall where the elders as not such asses and leave you alone.

And last, if you want to keep all your family and friends, don’t put yourself on the radar by smoking in public, getting drunk, or fornicating with a believing young jw girls. Sooner or later they will spill the beans.In fact, don't do anything questionable from WT point of view, with any believing JWs

Older jw single girls have always been cool with me and never spilled the beans.

Most of the people in the congregations are tired of the whole thing, (Overlapping generation, We need more money, and all the changes that betray the fact that they don’t believe we are in the last days anymore)

The organization is becoming a place where you go and meet up with your friends, make plans to go to a restaurant, a movie, a get together at home, maybe meet a boy or girl. I think more than half of my former congregations don’t even believe the end will come in their time anymore. I've had a lot of the brothers and sisters that come over to visit my parents tell me;

Maybe you'll get the chance to see the great tribulation, but maybe not, it's good you're going to school just in case you get old and have to take care of yourself. It's no fun being old and having no money.

THE TRUTH----is now only ----------the truth.

My parents starting going to the meetings just once every few moons when they get lonely. They usually invite some of their old friends to come over and play some cards. They talk about Trump, the caravan of immigrants, the richest people on the planet, what they would do if they had a million dollars, what the wife or husband will do if one of them dies, and it seems that they always talk about how nice it was when they were young. The brothers always bring up the stories of when they had lots of hair, and the sisters always bring up the stories of when they had nice legs and no sunspots on their face and didn't have to color their hair. But these days I rarely hear them talk about the New system of things.

Maybe in the back of their mind they know it’s not coming anymore.

Anyway according to my parents, the organization is nothing like it was when they were newly married.

They told me; “Son, do whatever makes you happy and secure, we probably won’t be around very long.

It was kind of sad-------because remember, I was raised in the organization, and I was not supposed to see my parents die—ever!

• sir82
    sir82

there really isn’t much that the organization demands or can do that will interfere with our chances of making a good life for ourselves.

Unless you are:

-- A child being sexually molested by an elder / relative

-- Someone with disfellowshipped friends / relatives who is coerced into enforced shunning

-- Someone who could be in a serious accident, or who may have complications giving birth, in which the only viable medical treatment is immediate transfusions of RBCs

-- Someone who does not want to be a JW who has parents who will literally throw them into the street as soon as they turn 18, lest the parents lose their all-precious "privileges"

-- Someone who does not enjoy being around deceitful hypocrites

-- Someone who does not enjoy tedious & pointless meetings

For the 2% of JWs who are not one of those "someones", then, yeah, I guess it might be marginally more tolerable than it was 40 or 50 years ago.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So it’s a conscience matter as long as you don’t get the blood liaison or other jws involved.

But if the person who received a BT tells it to another JWS in good standing and that info gets passed to an elder eventually, the elders will investigate.

Your making the Blood issue a non issue which is being totally disingenuous.

Hundreds of JWS are still dying every year which involves not receiving a full BT as medically needed.

If you come here to twist facts I believe in overlapping just to make the JWS look like a nice unharmful cult, you've come to the wrong place.

I believe in overlapping

sir82

Unless you are:

-- A child being sexually molested by an elder / relative

Child sexual abuse (CSA) is a universal problem not just a Watchtower problem.

The WHO in 2002 estimated that 73 million boys and 150 million girls under the age of 18 years had experienced various forms of sexual violence.

If I'm correct, there are only 8 million jws world wide and I doubt all of them are being sexually abused.

What place can you recommend sir82 that is a sure thing where a child will not sexually be molested if the child leaves the Watchtower? What Church, what school, what University, what country, what organization. You actually think that leaving the watchtower makes any child safe from being sexually molested?

You need to get informed before making wide generalizations about any group.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311357/

For the 2% of JWs who are not one of those

Post the reference where it shows without a doubt that it’s 2%

Finkelstein

Wrote;

But if the person who received a BT tells it to another JWS in good standing and that info gets passed to an elder eventually, the elders will investigate.

You seem to be an old dud who doesn’t have his glasses on. Let me make it simple for you so you don’t have to get your glasses.

Here’s what I wrote;

And this is very important; you never invite the blood liaison or tell any of the jw friends. And if they find out, make sure the hospital staff understands that no visitors are allowed.

Let me write it again.

And this is very important; you never invite the blood liaison or tell any of the jw friends. And if they find out, make sure the hospital staff understands that no visitors are allowed.

You remind me of the old jw elder who always approaches me and asks me about why I’m going to college and I explain it to him but he never seems to get it and repeats the same question.

• sir82
    sir82

Troll alert.

I believe in overlapping

Troll alert.

I'm not a troll sir82, look at my posts, I haven't been here long but you are upset because I called you on your bullshit.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I kind of agree with what you’re saying.. as long as you keep your mouth shut and are constantly looking over your shoulder you can Do whatever you want. What kind of life is that though?

• recluse
    recluse

seems a little over simplified, but if it works for you, then great! i couldnt do it. i faded, but even that gets tiresome.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You seem to be an old dud who doesn’t have his glasses on.

You painted a pretty picture to a rare and unusual situation where a bunch of active JWS all hush up and keep everything in the closet but your being as I said disingenuous to the facts regarding how many people (JWS) die every year for refusing a complete BT.

So your the one that would attempt to keep a BT for yourself hushed up , you have inside JWS friends that would help you out with that so generally your an apathetic asshole, who doesn't care about others.

By the way my JWS mother died from refusing a BT about dozen years ago.

Yeh your probably right about getting easy service hours with the new cart witnessing which really isn't new I used to do it back in the 1970's.

So keep your hair short, be careful not to wear too tight of pants and smile a lot at the Kingdom Hall to show how sick and mentally delusional you are. ........nice what way to live.

• asp59
    asp59

I agree to what you write. Its mostly " we dont care congregations" this days. Every one lives there own lifes. Comparing to years ago this organisation is a dead One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit