Will this war in Iraq, damage friendships here?

by WildTurkey 47 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

Either we agree or no, regarding this war(criminal attack against humanity) still we have to ask our self:

WILL JESUS MAKE A WAR?

WILL HE BOMB HOSPITALS, HOUSES, BUILDINGS TO KILL INNONCENT CHILDREN IN ORDER TO GET OIL?

BUSH AND BLAIR ARE WAR CRIMINALS, EVEN WORSED THAN SADDAM AND THATS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT THEM, AND MANY OF THE BILLIONS OF THIS PLANNET, AND WE ARE PROTESTING THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN PEACE

THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE PEACE IT IS TO DISARM U.S.A AND U.K THEY ARE THE REAL THREAT FOR PEACE AND MANKIND

ONCE JOHN LENNON SAID

IMAGINE THERES NO COUNTRYS,

SEE IT IF YOU CAN,

NOTHING TO KILL OR DIE FOR

AND NO RELIGION TOO

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Prime example:

Email and I disagree all the time about this war...I still want to grab his butt! Wooo!!

Yet another example:

RandomTask and myself will NEVER see eye to eye when it comes to politics. That just makes our friendship more interesting.

Why would I want to surround myself with people who only saw the world the way I did? That wouldn't be much fun at all. I like to be challenged and forced to think about why I feel the way I do, it also makes me have to back up what I say.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Why would I want to surround myself with people who only saw the world the way I did? That wouldn't be much fun at all. I like to be challenged and forced to think about why I feel the way I do, it also makes me have to back up what I say.

Joanna, that was the most profound statement I've ever read on this forum. Makes me feel a lot better, as I don't wish to lose you as a friend. Bug

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    ONCE JOHN LENNON SAID

IMAGINE THERES NO COUNTRYS,

SEE IT IF YOU CAN,

NOTHING TO KILL OR DIE FOR

AND NO RELIGION TOO

Hmmm...sounds like a song OR the world after Armageddon.

I know I am crossing my fingers; I really don't want to eat meat-killing it is the hard part. This would be helpful when I skin those rabbits

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

While not changing my initial answer and still feeling true friendships will survive this, I must also say I have lost a lot of respect for quite a few people, both from the US and Europe.

John Lennon, although not a messiah like some seem to believe, sang and wrote a good entertaining song. Too bad that others don't bother listening to it. I wonder if her ever recorded it in Arabic?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Aww Jo, I din't know you cared

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Hey, Imagine if there was no free world, can y'all say "Sharia". Come on, say it loud with me, don't say it loud enough and we'll cut your tounge off!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It boils down to respecting the opinions of others even its 180 degrees different than ours. There will always be those who value THEIR opinions above others, its a given, why fight it. We can either ignore it or resolve it, period. Every door swings two ways. Mature people do not resort to name calling or belittling the opinions of others, they respect them.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit