Have you ever run a marathon? Would you?

by Princess 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

It's official. I just registered for the Suzuki Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 1. 26.2 miles of torture. I can't wait.

I decided earlier this year I was going to run a half marathon on July 5. Depending on how that went, I'd go for my ultimate goal...a full marathon. A friend of mine has been training for the Rock and Roll marathon and I have been doing the long runs with her on Sundays. Each week I just would go along with whatever she had scheduled. We were running eight miles one Sunday and missed a mile marker and ended up running close to ten miles instead. Ten miles is the longest you run while training for a half marathon so she said I should find one sooner than July. I told Steve and he said I should go for the full. I just registered online and bought plane tickets as well. No backing out now!

The Suzuki Rock and Roll marathon sounds like a really fun one to run (if you like running). They have forty live bands along the 26.2 mile course playing all sorts of music, rock, jazz, reggae, country, whatever. After the race the headline concert is Chris Isaak this year.

I'm running a half marathon next Sunday, March 30. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good for you. It's an excellent way of keeping fit.

In answer to the questions, NO WAY!!

• LB
    LB

Gee Rachel I'd love to run in San Diego with you but, I'm going to be laying on a beach in Maui that particular day, maybe next year

I'm proud of you. Way to go after it. I have walked 26 miles in a day, Oh excuse me, 26.2 miles in a day and that was tough enough. I think you'll do great.

• Seven
    Seven

GO PRINCESS!!!!

You should have no problem with the half! Good luck to ya.

I've run in one marathon. Gawd it was great but I hit the wall around mile 18 and couldn't fight through the pain. I couldn't even crawl. I'm not going to lie and say, "yeah, i finished!" when I didn't. I'd like to give it another go someday. I think I know what I did wrong last time-I couldn't be told anything.

Good luck in San Diego!! Take pictures!!!

cheers,

seven

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Okay Princess, I'll try it. But just tell me that you aren't going to make me carry your pumpkins !!

XW

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

BTW Princess-- You GO GIRL !!!!!!

I'll be looking for the updates along the way !!

I went to their site- looks like an awesome event !!

Here's the link in case anyone wants to see what Princess is going to be doing !!!

Go Rachel !!!!!!!!

http://www.rnrmarathon.com/exec/rnrmarathon/Course_Info.cfm?publicationID=18

XW

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Good for you Princess! As for me?!?! Hell no, I am to out of shape and banged up from my football days to even begin to consider anything more than a brisk jog to the fridge to grab a beer.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Mulan
    Mulan

Pass the chocolates, and I'll watch.

You go girl!! We are very proud of you.

• DIM
    DIM

Congratulations Princess!

I'm really good at running the mile, but after that its no good. So I could do 1/26 of a marathon.

• animal
    animal

I hate running...

In the Army, we got a new Colonal that mandated a "Payday Run"... make the run or get "special duty" before getting paid. We had to go from our Barracks to the top of the pass .. 7 miles one way. I hated it with a passion, but did it.

Enjoy your run tho, I have a special place in my heart for those able to enjoy and make it.

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit