What's The Strangest Thing that ever happened to you OUT IN SERVICE??

by NaruNaruChan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

Geez, why couldn't *I* ever get a flasher at the door. Except, you know, FEMALE. And hot!

*grumble*grumble*grumble*

I remember always having a story or two to tell on the topic when in the cargroup, but now that I'm OUT of the b0rg, I find that they weren't really FUNNY stories at all.

I think, in retrospect, I'd describe this popular, funny tales of field service as: "Normal people having normal reactions to cult members at their front door." Which kinda takes 'teh funAy' out, if you know what I mean.

---------

Like, for example, the lady who we got at her back door. Placed two magazines! Got back in car (which was behind her house - wraparound driveway), and were passing the front of the house when the magazines came flying out the front door! Well, sister pioneer in our car went right out and picked them up! HAHA! So funny! Well SHE'LL be throwing things around when she's burning at armegeddon, won't she! HAHA!

Errr....see? Not funny now.

• berylblue
    berylblue

This didn't happen to me, it happened to a brother in our congregation. A really intelligent, witty one. I know this is true, because the person whom he was with told me as well as the brother to whom it happened.

He was at the door and a man answered with a gun aimed at right at the brother.. The brother said, "I guess this means you don't want a subscription to the Watchtower". And then the two brothers left. They thought it was a hoot. The sisters all started fussing, "suppose it had been me?" Everyone was upset, but I thought it was really funny too, and I think he handled it well. I probably would have said much the same thing. I have, in fact. When someone turned the sprinkler on on me. I'm not sure they heard, though.

Actually, one day my daughter (11) was at the door, and a householder felt compelled to do the 100 reasons why he couldn't take the magazines bit, you know, "I was born a Catholic, I'm going to die a Catholic, I have to leave for work in a minute, my family is really busy, I don't have any money...etc."

My daughter didn't blink an eye and said, "You forgot "I have a relative who is a Witness".

The man cracked up. He did not, however, take the literature.

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue

This didn't happen to me, it happened to a brother in our congregation. A really intelligent, witty one. I know this is true, because the person whom he was with told me as well as the brother to whom it happened.

He was at the door and a man answered with a gun aimed at right at the brother.. The brother said, "I guess this means you don't want a subscription to the Watchtower". And then the two brothers left. They thought it was a hoot. The sisters all started fussing, "suppose it had been me?" Everyone was upset, but I thought it was really funny too, and I think he handled it well. I probably would have said much the same thing. I have, in fact. When someone turned the sprinkler on on me. I'm not sure they heard, though.

Actually, one day my daughter (11) was at the door, and a householder felt compelled to do the 100 reasons why he couldn't take the magazines bit, you know, "I was born a Catholic, I'm going to die a Catholic, I have to leave for work in a minute, my family is really busy, I don't have any money...etc."

My daughter didn't blink an eye and said, "You forgot "I have a relative who is a Witness".

The man cracked up. He did not, however, take the literature.

Beryl

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, this is a story I still tell to people who ask me about my JW days........................

I was at this door and I was working with my best friend who was a couple yrs older than me. I was about 12 I think.

I knocked on the door (it was my turn) and this teenage guy came to the door. He was dressed in all black (hair was dyed black too) and you could see alot of candles lit in the background. It was very dark inside, and being it was summer time in Tx that was odd.

I went through my little speach and then he said, "Well if I look at your God's Bible you have to look at mine." Then he presented me with a black book and I asked him what it was. He told me it was the Satanic Bible!!!

I wish I could have seen the look on my own face LOL. I freaked out!! My eyes looked like this ------->, and I took a couple steps back. I told him I couldn't look at it and he told me he couldn't look at mine either. So, I don't rememeber what I said, but I got away from the door very quickly.

I remember thinking that is was a HUGE temptation, because I was curious as to what was inside the Satanic Bible. I was shaking when I told my dad what happened.

Very strange indeed.

Jes

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I told this on another thread, but it's worth telling again: I was working a semi-rural part of south Dallas County (the Danieldale area, for those of you in the know), and knocked on a dilapidated little pink frame house. A weight-challenged older woman answered the door and invited me and my partner (a real city boy from North Dallas who was visiting me that day, poor sod) into her house. It was, of course, dark, hot, stuffy and smelly. The living room was full of cereal boxes and old newspapers, but in a large bookcase was almost every one of our publications! We started talking and the woman identified herself as Minnie Sweat and agreed yes, times were tough, yes, God was the only answer, yes, these were the last days. She took everything in our bookbags that she didn't already have and wrote us a check. Then she leaned forward slightly and said in a conspiratorial whisper: "Do you know that Adolf Hitler is alive and working for the Social Security Department in Austin? And do you know that he conspired with James Earl Ray to kill Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? I know that because I was sitting with the F.B.I. guy in a car behind them while they plotted together. We had their car bugged." Uh-HUH. My poor city boy (no, this was not Big Tex) had eyes as big as saucers. I just agreed with everything she said as we inched our way backward out the door.

Believe it or not, her check was good . . . .

Nina (of the I've-Got-A-Million-Of-'Em class)

• thewiz
    thewiz

a guy came to the door, and HIS head was up HIS ass. not the other way 'round

----

informally,

on a plane, somewhere over the USA, circa1980

a women starts talkin' 'bout the Holy book.

and then she says: "well, you know what the good books says, 'God takes care of those who take care of themselves.'"

I replied: "that's from walt disney's Pinocchio @1940" but if the bible would say anything it would say something like "God helps those who help others."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I was out in service today as a matter of fact........

Actually, I went to clean Kathys house and the JW's had been by and left a Mag in the door handle. After I took the mag off the door handle, I knocked. When she answered, I said, with mag in hand.............Hi, were are out visiting our neighbors this morning and.......That's all I got out of my mouth before she starting laughing her ass off and said........No thanks! She shut the door on my face. Then she opened it and let me in to clean. We both had a good laugh.

I warn all the people I clean for about the JW religion. I just wish I would have kept the mag, since it was one of the new ones and I could have seen what they were up to now.

Yesterday, I was able to throw a tract away that was left in the door of a new customers house.

WH, JW busters class

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I once went to a door where I placed the mags with a real nice fellow at the door. As I was walking to the next door I hear a woman screaming from the home where I just placed the mags. I turn around to see that the mans wife had rolled up the magazines and was beating her husband over the head with them. She then proceeds to rip them up and throw then on the front lawn.

He sheepishly goes out and retrieves the pieces of the magazines and walks back into the house without even looking up.

I still counted them as placements.

Kansas District Overbeer

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

A friend and I finished at the door and these little kittens follow us to the next door, though we werent aware of this. We go to the next door and knock. Some kids open the door and two pitbills come racing out of the house and latch on to a couple of the kittens. Me and my friend start beating the dogs with our book bags. But the dogs dont let go and run of into the streets. My friend and I high tailed it out of there and went to work the next street.

This reminds me of something else. There was a wacky JW family (hard to beleive,,,right) that lived the next block over from me when I was a kid. They used to give out towers and awakes at Halloween. The next day their kid had to run up and down the streets picking up the magazines of the floor. Morons!!

• myself
    myself
    I once went to a door where I placed the mags with a real nice fellow at the door. As I was walking to the next door I hear a woman screaming from the home where I just placed the mags. I turn around to see that the mans wife had rolled up the magazines and was beating her husband over the head with them. She then proceeds to rip them up and throw then on the front lawn

Wow, then we must interpet that he was being persecuted because you had showed him the truth.

When I was about 5, I was going to talk at the door for the first time. A man came to the door, as I held out the magazines and started to offer them to him, his eyes opened very wide, his arms were flailing, and he kept repeating louder and louder " no, No, NO". He quickly retreated into his house and locked his door.still saying "no, No, NO". (hmmm, wonder if I had a couple of those seven foot angels standing behind me?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit