What's The Strangest Thing that ever happened to you OUT IN SERVICE??

by NaruNaruChan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

I once had a guy answer the door naked, and I laughed my butt off... you?

• JH
    JH

Somebody actually accepted the magazines I offered.

• sandy
    sandy

LOL @ JH

I Fell a few times. That was more funny than strange.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

My aunt and I went to a door and the guy invites us in. We were stunned to find the entire apartment - including the walls covered in aluminum foil! He said he was protecting his brain waves from the CIA & the FBI and the most evil of them all NASA! He said they staged all the shuttle launches at a studio in Hollywood, did we come to warn him about the conspiracy? My eyes were watering because I wanted to laugh, my aunt kept nodding because she was trying so hard not to laugh. After we left we couldn't do another door we were in hysterics.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Naru...

My thoughts exactly. I've been flashed many times out in service, it's hillarious!

• acsot
    acsot

I posted this on another thread awhile back. I was attacked by geese doing rural territory once.

Another time we were invited in by an older woman so we go in to her apartment, sit down, then she locks the door, pulls the drapes and starts telling us about how she has Jesus with her there in the apartment, he'd do stuff for her like help her out of the bath tub 'cause she couldn't manage it on her own, etc. For two naïve, 19 year olds fresh from the rurals we were positive the demons were going to hold us as ransom!

Another woman listened to our spiel, then said "now that I've listened to your message you have to listen to mine", and showed us pictures of the UFO's she'd been in contact with. She not only saw them, but was invited inside (she had hand-made drawings of the "engine room" or whatever it was called) and the aliens, much more advanced than humans, told her she was chosen to declare their message of peace. They knew how to solve war here on earth and it was her destiny to tell the world leaders. So, she'd write letters to various Prime Ministers and Presidents. Oddly enough, she never received any responses.

Must have been a demon-infested area I was preaching in!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Naru, stop stealing my material! I went upstairs into an apartment house onto the second floor. I thought it was the second floor of a building. It was actually a woman's bedroom I was at. She screamed. I screamed. She threatened to call the police. I identified myself as a Jehovah's Witness. She yelled for me to get out and I ran out that door.

• blondie
    blondie

I did that too, minimus. Fortunately, a strange woman in your house is not as frightening as a strange minimus in your house.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I hope we didn't see the same woman....At least I now know, I'm not the only trespasser here.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Working the trailer park one day this drunk woman asked me and my partner if we and our "pastor" could come over to her place to put oil on her. We didn't understand but she actually managed to explain that she was alcoholic and at the local church she used to go to, the preacher would actually pray over her and put oil on her head to help her fight the disease. I guess it had something to do with a biblical thing regarding annointing with oil. We said we'd talk to our elders about it and got the hell off her porch.

But at least I was asked by a woman to oil her up while out in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit