Revelation book

by Gorb 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This, IMO, may be coming back to bite them on the ass in a very unexpected way, now.

We studied the Revelation Climax book so thoroughly that the sequence of events is kinda set in stone…

…and in old Freddy Franz’s End Times interpretation, “Babylon the Great” gets attacked by the “Wild Beast” first, whilst Jehovah’s Witnesses are supposedly attacked last.

Yet, it’s the Watchtower that currently seems to be under siege…

…and as much as organized religion seems to be genuinely in decline overall, “Babylon” keeps on keepin’ on.

I could be wrong.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Vidquna day ago

Fred Franz tried to link every occurrence of Revelation to the history of the Witnesses.

Fred Franz learned from his teacher, Judge Rutherford, but instead of applying everything to the Judge, like Rutherford did, it was applied to the organization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxB79vvaZzQ

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It seemed to be popular among the post-Russell period to read obscure Bible passages and then project it onto themselves. Type, Antitype, etc. It was all made up, seeing themselves in Scripture. I used to have some of P.S.L. Johnson's books, in which he went on for pages and pages in the same drivel that Rutherford was doing, except that in his version he was the good guy and Rutherford was the bad guy.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

The last time we studied it in the congregation book study the study conductor overheard me saying that I hated the book.

When he asked why I mentioned the sheets and sheets of corrections of changes of thought and 'new shite' etc.

He then admitted that it was a rather arduous task to go over the same book yet again...

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

I do find it weird that the last time the book was studied, it was with an addendum booklet of corrections "new light".

I wasn't in the org at that time, but I imagine I would've found that strange. It seems like an admission you're studying out-of-date material.

I don't know any other time in (relatively) recent years that was done, and of course now everything's electronic, the org will just quietly update the publication online and it will be pushed out to devices in the next update, so noone would be any the wiser unless they were paying "more than the usual" attention (with those in the congregation rarely are, or at least will rarely admit to!)

It was odd enough when the org went through a few years (in the mid-2010s I think) of constantly changing the songs and produced two different songbooks in quick succession. As if they couldn't make up their mind what the 'standard' music and songs should be, after having the same songbook for about 20 years. I wonder if there were changes and differences of opinion happening at the time among the GB and/or in the music/audio department?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. dropoffyourkeylee’s post…

Every villain is the hero of his own story.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hmm.

Maybe the reason they discontinued the Revelation Climax study is ‘cause they knew that eventually, they’d get into a degree of legal trouble that would call their eschatology into question.

😏

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Was it 3 times we were dragged through that book?

RB"

I had to think back really hard for a minute to remember going through any other book in the late 80's. My book study memories were of just that one over and over. But then I remember at least once, going through the blue Evolution book. So my memory is Revelation, Evolution, Revelation again. I left in 1990, so maybe they did go though it a third time..
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its Monday today.

That means Stacy has a new Surviving Paradise upload. You should check it out.

Its about an hour long video. He explicitly talks about this Revelation book topic. Love his channel.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't forget the Finished Mystery book, not the one from 1918 but 1969.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit