Fluff Thread - What's your favorite old movie?

by El Kabong 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

1. The Loved One

2. Dr. Strangelove

3. The Magic Christian

4. Sgt. York (It reminds me og my grandfather)

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Valis, I thought I was the only one who had seen "The Loved One"! Great satire. The book was pretty good too.

I have so many favorite old movies it's hard to pick. The Thin Man series is wonderful, anything with the Marx Brothers, "The Philadelphia Story," anything with Audrey Hepburn in it, and most Hitchcock films.

Nina

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

"In the Heat of the Night" - that scene when Sidney P slaps the cop back was priceless. "Oliver" - Made me cry "Wuthering Heights" - creepy love My all time favorite is "Pride and Prejuidice" - Love wins out. And of course nobody does it like Fred and Ginger :) Victorian Sky

• sandy
    sandy

COOL TOPIC!

1. LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON (AUDREY HEPBURN & GARY COOPER)

2. THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER (JIMMY STEWART)

3. MOMMIE DEAREST

4. ALL ABOUT EVE

5. THE BAD SEED

6. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

7. LADY IN A CAGE

8. SWEET DREAMS (THE PATSY CLINE STORY)

9. THE WOMEN

10. THE WIZARD OF OZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON!!!!

ANYTHING WITH CARY GRANT, JOAN CRAWFORD, BETTE DAVIS AND KATHERINE HEPBURN

• Adam
    Adam

12 Angry Men. Excellent drama, riviting dialogue, no reliance whatsoever on set or effects. Just good writing.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yours, Mine & Ours

Pillow Talk

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

All About Eve

Gentlemen Prefer Blonds

His Girl Friday

Terms of Endearment

Arsenic And Old Lace

Tootsie

A Streetcar Named Desire

• acsot
    acsot

Adam:

12 Angry Men. Excellent drama, riviting dialogue, no reliance whatsoever on set or effects. Just good writing.

Ditto – my feelings also

Sidney Poitier – I absolutely loved this movie he was in with Anne Bancroft, it was basically just the two of them in dialogue for the whole movie, and it was spellbinding. He played a volunteer at a suicide help line, and Bancroft was the suicide victim. I saw it a long time ago and would love to rent/buy it but I can’t remember the blinking name – anybody else know which one I’m referring to?

Katherine Hepburn – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, African Queen are my two favourite Hepburn movies

Bogie and Bacall

Bogie by himself (Treasure of the Sierra Madre – great movie)

Wuthering Heights (Olivier/Merle Oberon – I think) – sobbed like a baby

Marx Brothers – A Night at the Opera

Casablanca, naturally

My Fair Lady

Wizard of Oz (I love the effects they were able to achieve at that time, without the computer simulations and everything we have now)

James Stewart – Harvey and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington my two favourite Stewart movies

but my all-time favourite is probably Singing in the Rain

so much to choose from!!

• manon
    manon

Everything James Cagney.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Rear window.......James Stewart and Grace Kelly

There is another movie I liked very much. It stared Fred Astair and Ginger Rodgers. In the movie, they created a dance called the Soft shoe. Does anyone remember the name of this movie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit