Fluff Thread - What's your favorite old movie?

by El Kabong 58 Replies latest jw friends

• ring
    ring

I always liked "The Dirty Dozen" and other WWII movies

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

1: Cleopatra (with elizabeth taylor)

2: Rebel Without A Cause

3: The King And I (mmmm Yul Bryner)

4: Dial M For Murder

And I have to agree with anything Hitchcock. I HATED Orsen Wells's Citizen Kane. I know it's supposed to be a Filmatic Materpiece, but I find it rather pointless.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    I HATED Orsen Wells's Citizen Kane. I know it's supposed to be a Filmatic Materpiece, but I find it rather pointless.

I like that movie...not an all time favorite, but it's good stuff!

Oh well...I will double up on your mmm yul brenner tho..."mmm mmm!"

• Huxley
    Huxley

Just finished watching "Sunset Blvd." Excellent! My current old favorite.

Huxley

"ready for my close-up..."

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Oh, how could I forget my favorite old horror type movie. "The Bride of Frankenstein". With Boris Karloff as the Monster. Elsa Lanchester as Mary Shelley/The Bride. And, Ernest Thesiger as the very gay Dr. Praetorius.

• avengers
    avengers

Or do they remind you too much of a judicial committee?

Andy.

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

Gone with wind

Wizard of Oz and strange for an xjw

A wonderful Life " You see George you did make a difference "

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I love watching "Paper Moon" with Ryan O'Neal and Tatum O'Neal. What a great movie.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I totally enjoy any of Bette Davis' movies. I think the black and white movies have a great deal of class. Also, I like "Gone With the Wind", and the TV miniseries called "Scarlett"--which I just finished watching again recently... on "two" VHS tapes. In many ways "Scarlett" was much better because it gave the story a future and an ending. It's quite long, but well worth watching. Another favorite is "Withering Heights". There are many good ones.

"Somewhere In Time" was awesome as well. I have the VHS tape and DVD, and two CD's of the soundtrack. It was not well received at the original time of release and I could never understand why. It's one of Christopher Reeve's most enchanting characters, and the music is unforgettable.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I loved the movie Somewhere in Time, and I adore the soundtrack as well. My favorite is the Rhapsody

We loved Rhapsody too and wanted to use it for Rachel's wedding (Princess) in 1988. Of course the elders wouldn't let us. Had to be "Kingdom songs".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit