Fluff Thread - What's your favorite old movie?

by El Kabong 58 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Just wanna take a little diversion from the current events happening. I'm watching my favorite old movie of all time right now. "On the Waterfront" with Marlon Brando. This movie (in my opinion) is one of the all time greats.

What are some of your favorite old movies that you can watch over and over? Lets say from the 1930s on.

El K of the "You don't understand, I cudda had class. I could have been a condender. I cudda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it Charlie."

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I love My Fair Lady and Thunders favorite is It's a Wonderful Life he watches all year round

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Woo hoo! FLUFF!!

Woo hoo!! I LOVE OLD MOVIES!!

I have a tie actually...

(Can you tell I love Cary Grant?)

Both great comdey gems...everyone should go rent them on the next available rainy day! I have spoken!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Rear Window and North by Northwest are two I could (and have) watch again and again. I can't pick between them, so it'll just have to be a tie.

• dottie
    dottie

Favourite "old" movie...hmmm...

Well "fiddle-dee-dee" call me cheeseball...but my fave is "Gone With the Wind" ...I love Clark Gable in the movie

Dottie...of the I wannabe Scarlet O'Hara class

• manon
    manon

I wanted to be Scarlet O'Hara toooo.

1. Gone with the wind

2. King Kong (watched it the other nite with my little critter and we loved it so much)

3. Dracula

• Prisca
    Prisca

I love the old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies.

I'm also a "Gone With The Wind" fan.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Ok I forgot I LOVE Gone With the Wind I named my daughter Melanie from that movie

I also love the old dance movies and I LOVE Cinderfella LOL

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

The original The Little Princess with Shirley Temple...I've seen it probably over a hundred times since I was a kid. And The Children's Hour with Audrey Hepburn and Shirley McClain.

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my really old favorites is "Christmas in Connecticut", with Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan. It's so old fashioned and romantic.

I also really like "Grand Prix", with James Garner, Jessica Walter, Eva Marie Saint, Jen-Paul Belmondo, and lots of others. That one hasn't been on TV in ages.

I also LOVE "Somewhere in Time" (about 1980) with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit