Proof of any Dragons

by pleaseresearch 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know it was EXTREMELY confusing as a 100% believing JW when they found huge fossils in places like western Canada and northern U.S.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Xanthippe... nice one!

Never mess with the Komodo.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I went a walk today and saw dragon soup on the ground if that counts as evidence.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The Greek word is indeed 'drakon' and it appears about a dozen times in the NT, exclusively in Revelation.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes the Bible talks about dragons a lot.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ slimboyfat...

Sure it wasn't the Soup Dragons? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All academic, really.

Seven heads and ten horns notwithstanding, not even the Biblical dragon can compare to PJ's Smaug the Magnificent, IMO.

Badass with a capital B.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, that's a real 'badass'!!!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Xanthippe... nice one!
    Never mess with the Komodo.

Heaven, those beautiful sea creatures! The sea is still full of mysteries. Who knows what we'll find next. On a documentary once there were under-sea spiders that live on a type of jelly fish. Wild!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I guess my question is this. Since the writer of Revelation is the only Bible writer who used the word dragon, what was he referring to? Assuming he was referring to a mythological creature even then, and he probably got the concept from some other writing of the time period, what was it? I think the stereo typical dragon we think of, breathing fire, etc, probably came out of the Middle Ages. So if the writer of Revelation actually drew a picture of his 'dragon', what would it be?

I'm too lazy to go do the research myself, but I never thought of this topic until now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit