Upon learning of a terminal illness would you return to being a JW to appease your family?

by NVR2L8 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not myself half of my family has already left this cult and won’t return.

I really don’t respect the members of my family that are still in to make a move for them .

To this day I find JWS delusional , pretentious , hypocritical and insincere.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I live for freedom from religion which is the counter weight to the WT's beloved........ freedom of religion.

Among many of the ignorant the Jw's stand up for foolish and often deadly beliefs.

The WTBTS is a criminal religion that uses coercion to make people do what they ordinarily would not do.......like shun.

There is no going back and a reconverted person will gain little to no respect.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think if I lost my marbles I still couldn`t bring myself to ever set foot in a KH again ,nah.

• contramundum
    contramundum

No. Never going back.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why lie to your family right at the end? Would that make a person feel better somehow? No, I wouldn't return to be a JW for any reason.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Thanks for your interesting answers. To be clear, I am in good terms with my whole family, including my brother who's an elder. They know I no longer believe and we leave religious matters out of our comversations. I have no intention in returning but I was just thinking of how my family would react if I "returned" even for a short time before the permanent vacation. It would be really hard to pretend that I believe again...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Good question.

Im sort of in that situation with my poor dear brother. He’s a believer, but not a JW. In order to comfort him, I go along with what he wants to believe, even though I didn’t use to do so. 😰

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Is this a rhetorical question? Being a jw IS a terminal illness! The brain dies first followed eventually by remaining parts of the mortal body!

just saying!

• millie210
    millie210

Don't the Witnesses teach that the basic masses will be resurrected if they die before Armageddon on the basis of the ransom sacrifice?

So why wouldnt that same teaching cover the inactive JW?

Or are we talking about the standing of a DFd person here?

• Number 6
    Number 6

Diagnosed and survived Non Hodgkins Lymphoma this year.

Despite the possibility of my demise, returning to the Watchtower never even crossed my radar. Ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit